What's up with these bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabjoe

Reaction score
Being new to this, I have a lot of questions... and here's one.

bottle-curve.jpg

You see where I have it circled? It's like the bottles are 2nd or 3rd quality with a warp in them. I purchased 3 cases, from 2 different companies and all the bottles are like that. Why is that? Can I get better bottles? Will a punted bottle be better quality?

These bottles are all JV... I want Varsity!

Most bottle have some manufacturing imperfections in them, areas like you circled, pronounced seams on some. Frankly, once filled with wine, corked, labeled and capsuled, can't say that I've ever noticed the imperfections.

Those don’t bother me, the ones that get me are the ones with little white things actually in the bottle. Looked like piece of wet paper but it’s inside the glass. I toss them

What I don't get is remembering ever seeing remotely similar on bottles of wine I buy. I feel I'm going to have to come up with a label to try and hide this..

What I don't get is remembering ever seeing remotely similar on bottles of wine I buy. I feel I'm going to have to come up with a label to try and hide this..

Nobody will see it, once the bottle is full. This is non-problem, not worth even another half thought.

Just bottled up some Red Raspberry and same thing. The ones I have like that came from recycled Berringer wine bottles. I've seen it a number of times and it is weird but so far no breaks, cracks or losses.

Latest posts

Back