What's up with these bottles?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

crabjoe

Reaction score
Being new to this, I have a lot of questions... and here's one.

You see where I have it circled? It's like the bottles are 2nd or 3rd quality with a warp in them. I purchased 3 cases, from 2 different companies and all the bottles are like that. Why is that? Can I get better bottles? Will a punted bottle be better quality?

These bottles are all JV... I want Varsity!

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
I see that sometimes on some bottles, it never bothered me. I think it is in the manufacturing. I only use bottles that I have recycled from local wineries where the labels are known to come off with minimal effort. Good enough for a commercial winery, good enough for me

Johnd

Sanitized Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Most bottle have some manufacturing imperfections in them, areas like you circled, pronounced seams on some. Frankly, once filled with wine, corked, labeled and capsuled, can't say that I've ever noticed the imperfections.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
If you hold a dark bottle up to the light you will see the same thing.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those don’t bother me, the ones that get me are the ones with little white things actually in the bottle. Looked like piece of wet paper but it’s inside the glass. I toss them

crabjoe

Reaction score
What I don't get is remembering ever seeing remotely similar on bottles of wine I buy. I feel I'm going to have to come up with a label to try and hide this..

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
I agree. Those bottles are terrible and you shouldn’t be burdened with looking at them any longer. Send them to me for proper disposal.

IMG_8246.gif

(That’s funny).

Last edited:

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
Just bottled up some Red Raspberry and same thing. The ones I have like that came from recycled Berringer wine bottles. I've seen it a number of times and it is weird but so far no breaks, cracks or losses.

Latest posts