Whats the oldest bottle in your rack ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenman... how did you like that Orchard BReezin Stawberry Reisling?
HB

Billy, I tried that . It was ok. I think served well chilled in the summer I may feel a little different about it. It could be one of those wines you give away to someone that likes sweet wines when they come over to see your cellar (so it all gets drank before it gets to old). You know one of the things I was told to do when I started making wine was if you don't like red's make a good one now. The reasoning behind it was, by the time it is perfectly aged (2 yrs or so)your tastes will have changed and you'll appreciate it. Well I still haven't made any yet and yes my tastes are changing. :slp

Not sure yet, it's still in the carboy. I am going to keg most of it this Friday to use in my kegerator. It takes about 12 hours to carbonate and then, Sparkling Strawberry Reisling ....mmmmm

I will give an update on Saturday, assuming I don't drink too much of it and forget how to type.

My oldest bottles are the 30 bottles of VR Bergamais that I bottled last month.
This is my beginning.

I have a few bottle on the self that are 5 to 6 years old. My cellar never gets over 70 degrees in the summer and is fairly humid.

Greenman... how did you like that Orchard BReezin Stawberry Reisling?
HB

Billy, I tried that . It was ok. I think served well chilled in the summer I may feel a little different about it. It could be one of those wines you give away to someone that likes sweet wines when they come over to see your cellar (so it all gets drank before it gets to old). You know one of the things I was told to do when I started making wine was if you don't like red's make a good one now. The reasoning behind it was, by the time it is perfectly aged (2 yrs or so)your tastes will have changed and you'll appreciate it. Well I still haven't made any yet and yes my tastes are changing. :slp
Sounds good... what do you recommend?

Tastes don't change, only the contents of the fermenter vessel!! LOL

If you just mean homemade wine, then I only have bottles going back to '08 when I started making wine. Otherwise, it would probably be a 20 year old tawny port.

Back