What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday my elder son and I had the opportunity to visit @VinesnBines and her husband at their vineyard in the VA mountains. We had a great visit, and it was very nice to meet another member in person.

I bought most of a case of wines as a gift, and we were obviously on the same wavelength, as I brought just as much wine home!

highland meadow vineyards 1.jpg

highland meadow vineyards 2.jpg

@mainshipfred, I haven't been to the DC area since last summer. I'm looking to visit my brother in the next couple of months, and will give you warning. Be nice to meet in person!

My haul from Italy

IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG

28 bottles vino rosso, 18 liters olio di oliva, all directly from the source. Most are from Tuscany. Mostly Sangiovese, some Super Tuscan. Also some Cannonau from Sardinia. A few bargains in the mix, but definitely not all. The good stuff doesn't go cheap. Not surprisingly, I prefer the good stuff. But I was able to sample each one before purchasing.

Well, my initial response would be there are no restrictions. But now that you bring up the subject, I guess I really don't know! We brought some back in 2019 without difficulty (maybe a case?), so this time we just loaded our luggage without even thinking about it. The customs agent asked if we were bringing back fruits, vegetables, meat, etc. I said nope, just wine and olive oil. He didn't ask how much, he wasn't interested. "Next..."

Latest posts

Back