What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Kitchen Aide. What year?

Drew, that KA was a wedding gift when Selena and I married in 1991. It's a tank. Like you, we use it all the time. Never had a problem and haven't had to do anything to it.

We're going to have our kids and their families for Christmas. CoVid kept us apart for Thanksgiving but I can't do this for another holiday...

Nice Kitchen Aide @crushday. What year? We have one of a similar vintage (1984) we still use every day or two. I recently had to take ours apart and it's logical and easy to clean out and fix. Lube it up, new drive gear, and good to go for another 30 years. Such good machines. Built to last 3 lifetimes. Ours was one of the last built by Hobart and it's still a beast after 35 years. But for us it's kneaded bread dough every couple of days for decades. We've made sausage and pasta hundreds of times. Thousands of cookies. Can't say enough good things about a mechanical consumer product.

And the wine looks nice too!

The original prototype!
1607858515113.png

Wine Spectator put out their list of Top 100 Wines for 2020 this week. If your looking for a 5 Star QPR wine this holiday season the 2019 Joel Gott Sauv Blanc made the list this year punching way above its $12 price point with a #21 spot. I was able to find this wine at my local Smiths (Kroger) for $11 then got 20% off for 6 bottle purchase then another $2 off each bottle with a digital coupon making the final price a whopping $7 for a 92pt WS wine. Hard to beat!

https://top100.winespectator.com/lists/

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.56.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.37.21 AM.png

1608054778397.png

Wine Spectator put out their list of Top 100 Wines for 2020 this week. If your looking for a 5 Star QPR wine this holiday season the 2019 Joel Gott Sauv Blanc made the list this year punching way above its $12 price point with a #21 spot. I was able to find this wine at my local Smiths (Kroger) for $11 then got 20% off for 6 bottle purchase then another $2 off each bottle with a digital coupon making the final price a whopping $7 for a 92pt WS wine. Hard to beat!

https://top100.winespectator.com/lists/

View attachment 69438

View attachment 69437

View attachment 69436

I'll have to do some research: the 2018 is at my Wegman's for $9.99.

Walls and floor painted for the new wine room, while the lonely tub waits for the plumber to come back next week to get installed. Meanwhile, there are 6 wine kits aging in their boxs instead of aging in the carboys. :(

Still in the boxes, that isn't called aging, that's called waiting.

I’ve been a member of Beau Vigne’s winery club for some time, they’ve produced some fantastic wines over the years. The vineyards were sold to a new group called Seven Apart, and I opted to purchase a 3 bottle allocation over a year ago, with little info about the new group. Turns out that the winemaker is Andy Erickson from Screaming Eagle. The first release has been well received by critics thus far, I got my bottles way below release price. Hope I can afford them in the future.......

B3061EFE-97C7-489C-937C-81E0ECC63D50.jpeg418B483D-AEE0-4BAE-901F-70325EDBF4AA.png

I wish our Costco sold wine! My son in CT picked up a case of cotes du Rhone Kirkland but by the time he visited us there were only three. Glad to get that many. Next time I told him to buy two cases.

That K Vine Rose has been impossible to find here. It's a Rose of Syrah and for $10 I want to give it a try. Charles Smith has made quite the name for himself. And if you go back to Costco, another of his wines is great-the Kung Fu Girl Riesling.

And since I'm off today, going to make a costco exploration run!

They had cases and cases of the new K Vine Rose and Chardonnay last week. They reviewed it recently on the CWB:

https://costcowineblog.com/special-report-on-the-new-kirkland-k-vine-rose-and-chardonnay/
Have had many a bottle of Kung Fu Girl Riesling. Its good but a little too off dry for my taste unless I am eating something spicy to offset the sugar. Very good QPR as well.

I have about a half case of K Vintners Powerline Syrah (various vintages) and "The Boy" (Grenache) in the cellar. Laying down for a few years still on the Syrah but the Grenache may be getting close to popping a cork soon. Good pro reviews but rather hit and miss on CT for some folks.

That K Vine Rose has been impossible to find here. It's a Rose of Syrah and for $10 I want to give it a try. Charles Smith has made quite the name for himself. And if you go back to Costco, another of his wines is great-the Kung Fu Girl Riesling.

And since I'm off today, going to make a costco exploration run!

Dang, no K vines Rose at my Costco. I did get a couple more Kung Fu Girl Rieslings. Found an interesting Australian GSM blend (will try tonight) and a nice deal on some Napa Cellars Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, which, for under $9 is quite nice.

They had a nice display of foothill wines from Amador Valley to emphasize the local nature of their offerings, and a great deal-$6 on Italian Prosecco that my wife likes. In fairness, I like it too.

But no K vines. That's just wrong. I may hit another Costco tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back