What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do! There are so many excellent wineries in WW that its easy to miss some really fantastic places if you don't know. Rich Funk the owner is about the nicest winemaker you will ever meet. Last time out he loaded all four of us and took us 10 miles out to his new vineyard in the Rocks District. He was quite proud of the wines that were just beginning to come out. Those wines are now his top scoring wines and they are reasonably priced in comparison to the competition.

1603932762236.png

https://www.wawinereport.com/2010/10/who-says-nice-guys-finish-last-look-at.html

Found some reviews on CT for them. These are not tannin monsters (all Merlot blends) so doubtful they will get much better with age plus they are already now 4 years old.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 7.30.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 7.33.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 7.34.16 AM.png

Jim, I saw this wine deal at Costco and wondered if it was any good. I would be very interested in your personal assessment of these wines. Thank you.

At a little more than 8 bucks a bottle, my expectations are in check. I'll keep everyone posted though.

At $34 for 4 bottles of wine, I'm willing to take a chance. Though I'm guessing all the 90 point stuff is overhyped. I got one of these yesterday and will drink over the next month or so. I'm almost tempted to just taste then all and if good, just go and buy several more of these 4 packs. They would make a nice Christmas gift for co-workers or what ever.

Jim, I saw this wine deal at Costco and wondered if it was any good. I would be very interested in your personal assessment of these wines. Thank you.

Opened the Cantaloup about 30 minutes ago. It is clearly not a high end French wine, but certainly worth the price I paid. Will see how it does as it gets a little air. Bear in mind that aside from some Provence Rose and Chataneuf du Pape, there aren't a lot of French wines I've had that I've really felt were worth the money.

Opened the Cantaloup about 30 minutes ago. It is clearly not a high end French wine, but certainly worth the price I paid. Will see how it does as it gets a little air. Bear in mind that aside from some Provence Rose and Chataneuf du Pape, there aren't a lot of French wines I've had that I've really felt were worth the money.

This wine definitely opened and mellowed with some air time. Again, not a top tier wine, but certainly with the price of admission. Very, very dry - not much fruit but enjoyed by both me and the Mrs.

Stay warm! You don't have to leave your house to hunt here in LA!

https://share.ring.com/54578d09-ab60-41fd-b49a-8731ab0baf37.mp4
I’m fairly certain that a gunshot and killing an animal in the middle of the night would pose so many problems. Snowed here most of the last two days, it’s beautiful, cold, and very hard to hunt in since you can’t see. Pic of my truck from my second floor balcony, this is my buddy’s place just outside of Guffey, CO.
791C6DE0-FD77-4F2E-8000-70ED08809C98.jpeg

Looks like your getting the full Colorado hunting experience then. I was only joking about hunting from your front yard. But I am pretty sure thats what compound bows are made for......

Between the elk and the deer in these parts grazing each Summer and early Fall through a whole lot of folks veggie gardens and fruit trees I am sure there are a lot of people that would like to take one or two out someway, somehow....

Snowed here most of the last two days, it’s beautiful, cold, and very hard to hunt in since you can’t see. Pic of my truck from my second floor balcony, this is my buddy’s place just outside of Guffey, CO.
View attachment 68076

Latest posts

Back