What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post about it in “what’s in your glass tonight” Is what put me on to it. All I can say is thank you because it is an amazing wine!

Happy to be of service! Its not the cheapest wine on the block, thats for sure. Now that you’re hooked, start trying to find some Odette Reserve........
95D0D45B-AA0D-4BA4-BEF3-7744D3ED4EE7.png

Kicking off the Fall Allocation with a BANG!

Spent 3 days in SLO and Paso Robles last week. Went to visit our daughter, SIL and grand daughter in Burbank as well. All tasting are now by reservation only and are outdoors. If you are planning a visit make your reservations well in advance as they fill up days/weeks in advance. Did not get to stop in at many places on the list as they were all full. Guess we will have to come back!

We did get in to visit Austin Hope this go round. Had a wonderful visit and the wines were all good/excellent. Joined the club with our BFF's that also made the trip out separately. Nice as we can split the allocation with another couple. The Austin Hope Cab Sauv made WS Top 100 wines (top 10) last year. I have a couple of the 2017 in the cellar. We tasted the new 2018 this time. All I can say is wow. If you like Caymus, you will love this wine at 50% of the cost. Came home with a bottle of Grenache, Mouvedre, Syrah, Cab Sauv, Rose, and Chardonnay.IMG_6041.JPGTastingCellar2019.jpgIMG_6086.JPG

Had a wonderful late afternoon tasting at Tolosa (Edna Valley). We joined the wine club last Fall and picked up our Fall wines this trip. We sat out on the back patio and watched as they were pressing the last of the grapes on the crush pad. Big operation for sure. They really specialize in Big Cali Pinot Noirs and the occasional Syrah and Chardonnay and of course a Rose. We had a very relaxed 90 minute tasting and shared a charcuterie board with our wines. We left with a few extras needless to say.

img_13751.jpgMadrone_Landscapes_Tolosa-featured.jpgIMG_6090.JPG

Last but not least by any means we were able to score an early tasting (10AM) at Adelaida. They were out of reservation openings but I emailed the club manager and he made an extra spot for us on our last day. The view from the upper deck of the patio is amazing. The temps were perfect. Not a dud in the bunch (as usual) and we left with a few extra bottles after tasting through them all. Another relaxed 90min tasting. Much more enjoyable than "bellying up to the bar" like you did in the "olden days" pre-COVID. Went home with one of just about everything. Including a 2013 "Port" that was incredible.

Adelaidapanophotoshopped.jpg

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

Last edited:
Just got in another rando WTSO purchase: A Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Fattoria Svetoni Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG 2016). It was supposed to be a good vintage in that part of the world, so I have my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it is just a decent chianti at a reasonable price! :)

IMG_1140.JPG

Just got in another rando WTSO purchase: A Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Fattoria Svetoni Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG 2016). It was supposed to be a good vintage in that part of the world, so I have my fingers crossed. Otherwise, it is just a decent chianti at a reasonable price! :)

View attachment 67457

I saw that the other day and thought about it, but never pulled the trigger. Hope it's a winner!

Doesn’t have a review from Parker, but I found this one on CT, 92 is pretty good for CT, which I find stingy with ratings in many cases.
F130A841-7FA3-4B20-B3DC-0E1D5FC4A580.pngF130A841-7FA3-4B20-B3DC-0E1D5FC4A580.png

Tried a new variety, Nerello Mascalese - from Sicily. Supposed to be somewhere between Pinot Noir and Sangiovese. Was light bodied and extremely fruit driven - a bit like Soda pop without the sugar. It's apparently the variety that all the rage with the Sommeliers - I'll have to see if I can get a better version of this one.

Latest posts

Back