What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped one a few weeks ago. Was good but pretty tight still even with about 40 mins of air. Hoping it will end up close to being as amazing as the 15' is in about a year. Still have two of those laying down in the cellar.

I liked mine! Mmmm...

Couple of shots of recent additions. Mixed case from Full Pull in Seattle from several weeks ago. Couple of heavy hitters that will lay down for quite a few years.

IMG_4275.JPG

Got a "seis pack" for Mrs. IB today from Last Bottle. Some nice porch pounding Txakoli from Spain (11% ABV). Still waiting for Summer to arrive in these parts. Was 36 on Monday morning, 40 on Tuesday and 46 this morning. Supposed to warm up closer to seasonal averages by the weekend. Believe it when I see it!

IMG_4341.JPG

I am sure I will but we lost the source for California grapes with the club I was working with up in Denver back in 2016. The small vineyard was sold with no warning really and now the club is buying grapes from all over Colorado. This means that grapes come into the club a delivery here and a delivery there as the grapes ripen over as long as a month depending on where they where being grown and the variety.

That doesn't make it easy since the drive is 350 miles one way plus it's Colorado grapes. I may look into seeing if I could piggyback on an order coming this way from F. Colavita like @Johnd is doing but I don't feel much like chasing the truck all over the Southwest really but if it was making a stop anywhere convenient (even Denver) as long as it was a one stop pickup of all varieties I would jump on it at at some point. I still have ~60 gallons in bulk (stoppered) carboys. So no real rush to crush even more grapes before I work through some of my bulk stash still.

You can't make a great wine unless you know what a great wine taste like!

@ibglowin no need to make home-made wine any more.... :)

Last edited:
Been in the upper 80's and low 90's here and my CC reserve shipment is due to arrive tomorrow. I didn't know it had shipped until today. :mad:

Thats one of the reasons I cancelled them. They sent out the Reserve Cabernet and the Walter Clore back in mid May (2000) during the big Cerro Grande fire. We were all evacuated and the wine sat in Santa fe in the truck in 90+ degree weather for like 5 days. I refused it when they attempted delivery and made them hold another shipment until the Fall. A few years back they made the Reserve Cab and the Walter Clore optional purchases so basically you were forced to buy extra wine to get those (arguably their best) wines. That was kinda the last straw for me.

If it shows up warm refuse it or send it back.

Been in the upper 80's and low 90's here and my CC reserve shipment is due to arrive tomorrow. I didn't know it had shipped until today. :mad:

Last edited:
Thats one of the reasons I cancelled them. They sent out the Reserve Cabernet and the Walter Clore back in mid May (2000) during the big Cerro Grande fire. We were all evacuated and the wine sat in Santa fe in the truck in 90+ degree weather for like 5 days. I refused it when they attempted delivery and made them hold another shipment until the Fall. A few years back they made the Reserve Cab and the Walter Clore optional purchases so basically you were forced to buy extra wine to get those (arguably their best) wines. That was kinda the last straw for me.

If it shows up warm refuse it or send it back.

Thanks Mike. That's what I was thinking. Do you just refuse w/ the UPS driver, then contact the winery?

Yes. Tell them it was blind shipped and the temps along the shipping route were in the upper 80's, low 90's. Really should not be over 75 without an ice pack of sorts.

Thanks Mike. That's what I was thinking. Do you just refuse w/ the UPS driver, then contact the winery?

So, turns out it went two day air and arrived in Kentucky today. Hitting home here in N. VA tomorrow.

d8500f8c4d4fc8d9a0976576126b7051.gif

IMG_5005.JPG

Well they don't call it "The Rocks District" for nothing! Cayuse was the first to plant in the area years and years ago. Now everybody is scrambling to lease or purchase land in the AVA. The last 5 years has seen an explosion of vines coming online and more and more wineries making wines in the rocks.

https://rocksdistrict.com

Latest posts

Back