What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this sitting on the shelf at my local Smith's (Kroger) and snagged a couple bottles for research purposes of course! 85% Syrah 14% Grenache. $11.99. Spec sheet says pH is 3.11 :db

You do not see many clear bottles these days that are not screw capped. Winning!

FTH_CV_Rose_nv_large.png

Last edited:
The Bounty Hunter only has a few of the 2014 Screaming Eagle left, better jump on this one quick, it's a steal!

2014 SE.jpg

Cheaper here....... :)

Cheap"er" maybe, but I don't think I could enjoy a bottle of wine adequately knowing I paid $2K for it. Now, if you paid $2K for it, I could definitely enjoy that!!! I know that wine appreciation and scoring varies with the critics, but you'd think that a wine of that price point would have 99's or 100's across the board........

LOL the feeling is mutual! A bargain I am sure at only $83 an ounce! :sh

Cheap"er" maybe, but I don't think I could enjoy a bottle of wine adequately knowing I paid $2K for it. Now, if you paid $2K for it, I could definitely enjoy that!!! I know that wine appreciation and scoring varies with the critics, but you'd think that a wine of that price point would have 99's or 100's across the board........

I'm sure you didn't think I was serious, it would be difficult to justify even for "educational" purposes, though I'm sure I would enjoy it if someone poured me a glass.

A little Rioja from Spain...

Plus some Gallo from Argentina...

Plus one year off from the '13 Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley cab I was looking for. The '14 and '15 are from warmer years, so it will be interesting to see how this '14 differs from the '13.

Wow! I have to say I am shocked he was able to source that. Impressed. Did you get a case?

Ahhh, but I'd never have heard about it if you hadn't posted it on here, so keep 'em coming, you're my new wine reviewer of wines from the northwest!!!! Soon I'll know if we have the same taste in bigger reds!

Yes, got a case. Looking at a pretty decent price point, plus the shipping charges, the cost per bottle goes down most for the full case. I'll let it settle down a bit from shipping and crack a bottle to try in a week or two...........

I'm still trying to find some of the Secret Squirrel, but it is very secretive. :) You guys are bad for my fiscal responsibility!!

A little Rioja from Spain...

Plus some Gallo from Argentina...

Plus one year off from the '13 Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley cab I was looking for. The '14 and '15 are from warmer years, so it will be interesting to see how this '14 differs from the '13.

Have had all three. Wasn't crazy about the Malbec, but the others I like!

Latest posts

Back