What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faustino, Spain
2010 Gran Reserva Rioja (86% Tempranillo, 9% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo)
13.5% ABV

That is a neat little find (MTW Wines) and while they all sound good, that Rioja (to me) sounds fantastic! Hope it was scored high.

Let's see....6 bottles at @ 6oz pours sounds like a good night! You were kind, you shared! ;) But seriously, that is a great family night idea (for grown kids).

That is a neat little find (MTW Wines) and while they all sound good, that Rioja (to me) sounds fantastic! Hope it was scored high.

Let's see....6 bottles at @ 6oz pours sounds like a good night! You were kind, you shared! ;) But seriously, that is a great family night idea (for grown kids).
The least of the wines was very good. It was a great tasting and the wines were well chosen. Based upon this, I recommend it

The setup is good for 2 people, maybe 3. Six 3 oz pours we plenty, and even 2 oz would have been sufficient. Virtual tastings are ok, but it's a lot more fun to have someone to share with. The presentation was live, but one-way. After the presentation, the moderator opened up lines when people had questions.

Their subscription is $80 USD/month, and the wines apparently vary a lot. A link is provided to the live tasting -- live tastings like the one I had are $100 USD each. I assume they do the live tasting, then make the video available for the subscription members.

I had a very nice surprise visit tonight! @Rice_Guy stopped by on his way to a Wisconsin Vintner's Association meeting, and surprised me with this generous offering. It is something of a secret: A big red wine that was made without the benefit of anything from the Vitis genus! I look forward to trying it. Thanks David!

IMG_3266.JPG

It's the most wonderful time of the year (once again)!

Nice haul!! It’s not so wonderful this year, for me. Went to Napa in early March, first time since 2018, awesome trip. Not so awesome is the “too much wine” that’s showing up. I just finished putting away the yearly (twice) Turley’s, and now I’m back in the game. Guess I’ll post some photos when I get around to it, first batch is labeled and ready to be tucked away.

Good to hear your still in the game @Johnd ! LOL

We are headed back out to Paso Robles in early May for Spring allocation there. I have pickups for Saxum, Turtle Rock, Epoch, Adelaida, Tolosa and a few others so the back of the SUV will be full. Looking forward to seeing the grandkids in Burbank. Not looking forward to $6/gal gas out that way!

Nice haul!! It’s not so wonderful this year, for me. Went to Napa in early March, first time since 2018, awesome trip. Not so awesome is the “too much wine” that’s showing up. I just finished putting away the yearly (twice) Turley’s, and now I’m back in the game. Guess I’ll post some photos when I get around to it, first batch is labeled and ready to be tucked away.

Last edited:
This just arrived at my doorstep for $11 a bottle. As a table and general drinking wine, it is heads and tails above most of what is on a supermarket's or discount retailer's shelves, at a higher price (hear that, Constellation?). Mmmmm.... So happy. ♥

IMG_20220409_140022302.jpg

UNDER EDIT: And it gets better with age!

Last edited:
All right, babies, smile for the camera before Daddy lays you down to rest...

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

In no order:
Bodega Lanzaga Corriente Rioja Telmo Rodriguez 2018 (2)
Chateau Mayne Vieil Cuvee Alienor Fronsac 2016 (6)
Perrin-Dobbs Pitch Black Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles 2018 (2)
Penfold's Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz 2018 (2)
Domaine Serguier AOP Lirac 2019 (2)
Penfold's Coonawarra Shiraz Bin 128 2018 (2)
Lubanzi Proprietary Red South Africa 2019 (2)
K Vintners Roma Proprietary Red River Rock Vineyard 2016 (2)

Back