What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had too much time on my hands I guess this Summer being stuck at home and lots of good/excellent wines to be had by K&L as well as Full Pull Wines in Seattle.

Extra points if you can spot the "one of these things is not like others" wine out of them all!

1605119644931.jpeg

1605119675965.jpeg

1605119718127.jpeg

1605119739750.jpeg

Drink Up Me Hearties! (Yo Ho)

Looks like the party's at @ibglowin 's house!

I was going to say the Ridge is the different one, but I saw some other California central coast selections. And then I saw the Frenchie there off to the side. So that's my guess.

Ridge always a favorite.

That is funny -- I also used the Frenchie to eliminate my earlier suspicion that Sonoma was the outlier. Never stopped to think that the Frenchie was itself the outlier!

Looks like your getting the full Colorado hunting experience then. I was only joking about hunting from your front yard. But I am pretty sure thats what compound bows are made for......

Between the elk and the deer in these parts grazing each Summer and early Fall through a whole lot of folks veggie gardens and fruit trees I am sure there are a lot of people that would like to take one or two out someway, somehow....
Things turned out pretty awesome, I was fortunate enough to match wits with this dude, a marvelous animal and my first Muley.
CAE1B7F1-CA64-47D6-B1B9-3817D09D8DC3.jpeg

Nice!

Little bigger than those White Tail in TX and LA!
Very nice deer for sure, weighed in at 250#. We had a little fried tenderloin that night, it was outstanding. Left Colorado yesterday at 6AM, drove to my property in MS and got in at midnight, long drive. Lows in the 40’s and highs in the 70’s, and air that I can breathe is a welcome change. No rest for the weary, the boys will be up shortly for the last weekend of youth rifle season.

Back on topic, brought these cats up to the camp wine fridge:
image.jpg

Lots of stuff waiting for me upon my return from Colorado, here’s the first load:

Top Photo: three bottle allocation of 2018 Del Dotto “The Beast”
Bottom photo: 2018 Turley Petite Syrahs from the Hayne, Library, and Pesenti Vineyards

Nice additions. I cringe seeing that $80 bottle hanging off the table...lol

Nice additions. I cringe seeing that $80 bottle hanging off the table...lol
LOL!! I was wondering who would be first to comment on that, I did it just for the pic, wasn't there long. I've become quite fond of the Turley Petite Syrahs, though they're not rated as highly as previous years, WA has a new "taster" that did the Turleys this year in August. We'll see shortly!!

Very nice deer for sure, weighed in at 250#. We had a little fried tenderloin that night, it was outstanding. Left Colorado yesterday at 6AM, drove to my property in MS and got in at midnight, long drive. Lows in the 40’s and highs in the 70’s, and air that I can breathe is a welcome change. No rest for the weary, the boys will be up shortly for the last weekend of youth rifle season.

Back on topic, brought these cats up to the camp wine fridge:
View attachment 68228

Nice Kitchen Aide @crushday. What year? We have one of a similar vintage (1984) we still use every day or two. I recently had to take ours apart and it's logical and easy to clean out and fix. Lube it up, new drive gear, and good to go for another 30 years. Such good machines. Built to last 3 lifetimes. Ours was one of the last built by Hobart and it's still a beast after 35 years. But for us it's kneaded bread dough every couple of days for decades. We've made sausage and pasta hundreds of times. Thousands of cookies. Can't say enough good things about a mechanical consumer product.

And the wine looks nice too!

Latest posts

Back