What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paso Robles Spring 2023 haul!

Tolosa Pinot's and Chardonnay's

IMG_9907.jpeg

Denner Rose, White and Red Blends

IMG_9908.jpeg

2020 Turtle Rock Red Blends

IMG_9909.jpegIMG_9910.jpeg

2020 EPOCH Red Blends

IMG_9911.jpeg

The new Wonder Winery of the 2023 Tour de Paso Robles. McPrice Meyers!

IMG_9912.jpeg

McPrice Meyers "Hard Working Man" wines. All amazing 5 Star QPR wines IMHO.

IMG_9913.jpeg

Paso Robles Spring 2023 haul!

Tolosa Pinot's and Chardonnay's

View attachment 101627

Denner Rose, White and Red Blends

View attachment 101628

2020 Turtle Rock Red Blends

View attachment 101629View attachment 101630

2020 EPOCH Red Blends

View attachment 101631

The new Wonder Winery of the 2023 Tour de Paso Robles. McPrice Meyers!

View attachment 101632

McPrice Meyers "Hard Working Man" wines. All amazing 5 Star QPR wines IMHO.

View attachment 101633
Nice haul, wish I was your neighbor

Best wines in my cooler not including my wife's. Homemade wines are in bold font, I don't store wines for long aging that score below a 9. Wines in the 8+ range get consumed as house wines. I have one bottle of a Raspberry Chambord at SG 1.010 that I'm drinking now that I'm going to try to clone this year to get 2 cases. It is the best raspberry wine that I've ever tasted. I'd put it on this list at 9.5 i.e. almost perfect raspberry wine hence the label on the left. Pinnacle is anything with Cabernet Sauvignon(s) with or without Cabernet Franc:

Reserve Grape Wines in BottleNumberScore
in Stock
Gran Apasso20181
Mission Hill Reserve Meritage20181
Langmeil Barossa Hangin Snakes Shiraz2019
Akarua Pinot Noir20191
Fenton Road Bannockburn Pinot Noir20201
Fenton Road Calvert Pinot Noir20201
Meritage2020119.5
Primo202019.5
Dineen Cabernet Franc2020149+
Pinnacle of Sirah 2020-20212020-218.59+
Pinnacle of the Pacific 2020-20212020-21109.5
Petite Pinnacle2020-21229+
Akarua Pinot Noir20211
Tripleberry Cassis202139
Chenin Blanc Gewurtztraminer202139+
Pacific Red 2020-20212020-21159+
Carol's Red 2020-212021159+
Tripleberry Cassis 2022202259+
Pacific Muscat 2022202258.5+
Gewurtztraminer Chenin Blanc202219.5
Carol's Muscat 20222022159+
Pacific Chardonnay2021-22259+
Chenin Blanc Cyser Pyment2021-2229

Nice labels. Looks like some great wine, I take it Paso Robles is pretty warm.
Its a nice mix of microclimates since its so close to the Pacific. Warm days but cool nights make for a long growing season with extended hang times. 40-50 degree diurnal shifts are the norm making for great acid levels. You can grow anything here in the right spot from Cabernet to Pinot Noir. Its only 3 hours away from Pasadena where our oldest daughter, SIL and our grandkids live so we make the trip out to Paso twice a year when we come out for visits. We visit the wineries midweek and usually you are the only one's there.

1698929703929.png

No. He asked for ID and I said, "I'll go get it," then he stopped me and asked my B-day and I said, "Just put in OLD MAN!" and we laughed before I supplied it. Then I signed the screen and FINALLY!
I had it out with my FedEx guy about 3 months ago. They are a local contractor (not FedEx employees) out of Santa fe. New company took over and decided they were going to go by the book and make you give up your DL and scan it for all alcohol deliveries. I said no, you don't need my DL. You can clearly see I am over 21 and I am tired of getting my PII hacked/stolen every other month by some company that doesn't see it necessary to protect my personal data. He said he couldn't leave my wine then and left with it. I figured he would go back and reattempt the next day so I looked at their own FAQ on the FedEx website and it clearly states they can visually inspect the DL for the date and get a signature. Again even a moron should be able to tell I am over 21. Well they sent the wine back to WA State! So after that I switched all my deliveries that I could especially all Wine Club shipments over to UPS. Vote with your feet as they say,

With such a diverse group of wine drinkers, spread out not just across North America, but all over the world, it would be nice to see what wines folks find and collect. I realize that we have a "what's in your glass tonite" thread, but waiting til someone cracks a bottle open sometimes means one may have difficulty locating a wine from earlier vintages. We could share amateur and professional tasting notes, photos of the bottle, best pricing, where to find it, that sort of stuff. There are thousands of wineries just in the US, many small and unheard of, but I'd bet we have members near lots of them. Could be little hidden gems in the rough, wines you collect from big wineries, whatever you like.

Quite a few of our members regularly post this type of info in a thread, it gets some comments for a while, and then drifts into the electronic depths of WMT. This thread would, at least, give us the opportunity to keep that type of info together and a little easier to find.

What's new in your cellar?
Reserve Grape Wines in Bottle
Gran Apasso2018
Mission Hill Reserve Meritage2018
Langmeil Barossa Hangin Snakes Shiraz2019
Menagerie2020-21
Dineen Cabernet Franc2020
Pinnacle of Sirah 2020-20212020-21
Pinnacle of the Pacific 2020-20212020-21
Petite Pinnacle2020-21
Tripleberry Cassis2022
Pacific Chardonnay2021-22
Chenin Blanc Cyser Pyment2021-22
Raspberry Chambord2023
Black Iris Cerise2023
Carol's Muscat Dry Auslese2023
Marechal Foch2023
Dineen Cabernet Sauvignon2023
Dineen Petit Verdot2023

I had it out with my FedEx guy about 3 months ago. They are a local contractor (not FedEx employees) out of Santa fe. New company took over and decided they were going to go by the book and make you give up your DL and scan it for all alcohol deliveries. I said no, you don't need my DL. You can clearly see I am over 21 and I am tired of getting my PII hacked/stolen every other month by some company that doesn't see it necessary to protect my personal data. He said he couldn't leave my wine then and left with it. I figured he would go back and reattempt the next day so I looked at their own FAQ on the FedEx website and it clearly states they can visually inspect the DL for the date and get a signature. Again even a moron should be able to tell I am over 21. Well they sent the wine back to WA State! So after that I switched all my deliveries that I could especially all Wine Club shipments over to UPS. Vote with your feet as they say,

I sent an email to the shipper saying that I would buy a lot more wine from them if only they used UPS instead, and that I resented being under house arrest for two days to get a case of wine. I have sent them similar messages before, since this happens every time. No result. The rub is that this is the best deal on Southern Belle! 😄 My UPS guy was just signing for me and leaving them, since he knows there are no kids at our house. But now I think he has retired.

I sent an email to the shipper saying that I would buy a lot more wine from them if only they used UPS instead, and that I resented being under house arrest for two days to get a case of wine. I have sent them similar messages before, since this happens every time. No result. The rub is that this is the best deal on Southern Belle! 😄 My UPS guy was just signing for me and leaving them, since he knows there are no kids at our house. But now I think he has retired.

Before this new contractor for FedEx took over I actually had my local FedEx drivers cell#. He would call me every time I had a wine shipment and if I was not going to be home he would sign for me and leave it.

UPS usually wants a sig but not always. Have had drivers just leave it when we were home and not home. I am lucky in respect that our little hamlet of WR is small enough that if we have to leave I can usually drive a loop around and spot the Brown truck in less than 15min and just pull up and sign and get my wine and be heading down he hill in short order.

Latest posts

Back