What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too hot for wine and humid.
I think it goes around 70s but with the de-humidifier it gets a tad warmer maybe.
My basement runs around 50 in the coldest part of winter and 69 or 70 in August. Right now, for example, it's 63 degrees. I've stored wine down there for 10 years with no problems.

The 2018 Excelsior was a WE Top 100 Value Buy (#95), and this 2020 is a very good wine, especially if allowed to breathe a bit. A dark and brooding cab., like I like 'em. Give it 1-2 more years in my cellar and mmmm... Pretty darned tasty now!

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 6.30.03 PM.png

My basement runs around 50 in the coldest part of winter and 69 or 70 in August. Right now, for example, it's 63 degrees. I've stored wine down there for 10 years with no problems.

Yep, my main a/c duct runs through the crawlspace right over the root cellar that is now my wine cellar. It's always around 65 tops there, even when 99 outside. Gotta love the good, cool Earth – we'll be there longer than we are topside! 😄 Cheers!

Yep, my main a/c duct runs through the crawlspace right over the root cellar that is now my wine cellar. It's always around 65 tops there, even when 99 outside. Gotta love the good, cool Earth – we'll be there longer than we are topside! 😄 Cheers!
Yep! That dirt sleep's a long un ...... and cool too!

Latest posts

Back