What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in Fronsac and it is 2016 here with this meh wine. I rate it about an 87 or 88, or as some wag wine critic might put it while trying to pump it, "it is flawlessly featureless." Weak nose, bland on the tongue, slight lingering pepper finish, it imparts nothing, as though to do so may be too challenging. Not even any legs to speak of. Ah well, we have to clear room on the cellar shelves somehow, so I accept this challenge. :D It is indeed a dirty job but someone has to do it!

IMG_2608.JPG

We had family visit over the weekend, serving ham. Pinot Noir goes great with ham!

Pinot.jpg

This was a late Christmas for us, as illness and weather scotched our original plans. My b-in-l gave me a wine chiller for Christmas, and it works well to keep a chilled wine chilled.

chiller.png

During the weekend we tried a few wines I purchased at Costco. The Barolo and red blend were very nice.

Amore Absolute.jpg

barolo.jpg

The tawny port was just "ok". I will finish the bottle, but won't buy it again.

port.jpg

We had family visit over the weekend, serving ham. Pinot Noir goes great with ham!

View attachment 84381

This was a late Christmas for us, as illness and weather scotched our original plans. My b-in-l gave me a wine chiller for Christmas, and it works well to keep a chilled wine chilled.

View attachment 84383

During the weekend we tried a few wines I purchased at Costco. The Barolo and red blend were very nice.

View attachment 84379

View attachment 84380

The tawny port was just "ok". I will finish the bottle, but won't buy it again.

View attachment 84382

Ooooh, McGregor from Finger Lakes, NY! 👍 That is some relatively high-buck wine from out that way. Nice.

Ooooh, McGregor from Finger Lakes, NY! 👍 That is some relatively high-buck wine from out that way. Nice.
I've been in their Clan Club since 1990, and get at least 25% off purchases. I spring for a bottle or Rob Roy or Black Russian Red on occasion, as (especially with BRR), there's nothing on the market like it.

Back