What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yummy. Surprisingly, a little tight at first, but really opened up nicely after about 20 min. This was a bottle my parents bought while in Provence and Chateauneuf du Pape several years back. To my surprise, Dad had two bottles of the same wine opened and breathing when I got to my parents' place yesterday.

My Sangiovese from 2015 last night only a few left it was a winner top to bottom.
And a White of course Flume Blanc crisp lit and fruity ,
Dinner was an Fettuccine Alfredo accompanying with a Maui Maui which set in top, antipasto, cold tiger shrimp . Chromas eve dinner every year.
Not the true 7 fishs but comes close enough.

IMG_20211227_115849141.jpg

I returned this afternoon from a successful mission to Liquor Planet, so at least one of these will probably hit the glass this evening. @geek, this might be enough to last me the week, think so? :D

The Louisa's is a 40 proof coffee-caramel-pecan liqueur bottled by Nelson's Green Briar Distillery in Nashville. That's for New Year's Eve.

https://greenbrierdistillery.com/louisas-liqueur

IMG_20211227_115901523_HDR.jpg

I really like Presidente beer 🍺

It's about 35 miles north to Liquor Planet, and that's the closest I can get it now. Used to be able to get it locally. Not popular enough with the German population in Huntsville, Ala. I agree, it is a good beer for an InBev product.

Wow, Costco Wine Blog is tough to please! LOL

https://costcowineblog.com/2019-tab...k_patelin_de_tablas_blanc&utm_term=2021-12-29
We have visited Tablas Creek on one of our many Tours de Paso Robles. They make good juice! Since they were started (not just purchased) by the family that runs Chateau de Beaucastel (top rated CdP) they know how to make both red and white Rhone blends.

I got the email and saw his rating on the page at 89. After reading a nice review I was expecting a bit higher rating.

We started with a WE Eclipse Riesling to go with dinner. Mrs Boatboy got me a 'two pack' of the wine below as a stocking stuffer. Expectations were, of course, low. But it isn't bad. Slightly effervescent, and just a little sweet. It's a horrible wine, but not a bad dessert. And with the right amount of brandy and a little fruit, would make a mean sangria. If I recall correctly, she said she found it at Target. That should be all you need to know. 😂

1640829441329.jpeg

We started with a WE Eclipse Riesling to go with dinner. Mrs Boatboy got me a 'two pack' of the wine below as a stocking stuffer. Expectations were, of course, low. But it isn't bad. Slightly effervescent, and just a little sweet. It's a horrible wine, but not a bad dessert. And with the right amount of brandy and a little fruit, would make a mean sangria. If I recall correctly, she said she found it at Target. That should be all you need to know. 😂

View attachment 82680

Stocking stuffer? I think you were meant to drink it at 6 am on Christmas morning... :D

Latest posts

Back