What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it may be a blend but cannot put my “finger” on the blend, possibly cab and Merlot, will check the box again, maybe there’s a bottle with a label

I'm going to guess it's one of your Chileans.

After Thanksgiving dinner, my niece, my son, and I conducted a French wine tasting. She had never had Rhone or Beaujolais, and my son had never done a side-by-side tasting.

From left to right: Jupiter, a southern Rhone (75% Grenache, 15% Mourvedre, 10% Syrah), a Bordeaux (Merlot heavy with Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc, proportions not listed), and Beaujolais (Gamay).

The winner was the Bordeaux (both niece & son favor Merlot) but there were no losers. It's instructive to contrast the different grapes against each other.

French Wine.jpg

LOL, in the audience last night to eat steak and hear Admiral Michael Brooks, immediate former director of the National Security Agency, speak about national security to a cyberdefense and defense contractor crowd ... and what am I doing? I'm taking pix of the wine bottles at the table to share with you guys! :D I drank the red. And drank the Jack and 7 in the pic, from the earlier open bar mixer (also shown).

IMG_20211130_180650244_MP.jpg

IMG_20211130_180636802.jpg

IMG_20211130_181559273.jpg

IMG_20211130_190426876.jpg

IMG_20211130_174731981.jpg

Latest posts

Back