What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a not so unrelated note, while in Cheyenne at a rodeo on Friday, I had a Coors. And liked it...
A few years ago, I had a bottle of Schlitz that I was told was close to their classic formula and I really liked it. Used to be a top-selling beer in the US before they changed the recipe "TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS!!??" 😁

A few years ago, I had a bottle of Schlitz that I was told was close to their classic formula and I really liked it. Used to be a top-selling beer in the US before they changed the recipe "TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS!!??" 😁

I agree. The current (classic) version of Schlitz is actually a pretty fine beer.

When I was in college in Potsdam NY (early 80's) we made runs across the border into Canada to purchase Molson's Brador. REALLY good stuff!

When it became available in the USA, I immediately purchased a 6 pack. I was SOOOO excited!

I opened one, took a sip, and spit it out. Took another sip to verify the flavor, spit it out, and dumped the bottle. I gave the remaining 5 bottles away.

Nothing screws up a beer like American law ....

Thank You very much everyone who commented and gave advice since I joined this great place about a month ago.

My sweet wife is preparing a tasty chicken & rice dinner, and I am having some of the first Wine that I have made myself, from a one gallon WineXpert Kit of the 4 week Classic CA Moscato. It is so amazing how well this wine turned out!

IMG_1135.jpeg

Thank You very much everyone who commented and gave advice since I joined this great place about a month ago.

My sweet wife is preparing a tasty chicken & rice dinner, and I am having some of the first Wine that I have made myself, from a one gallon WineXpert Kit of the 4 week Classic CA Moscato. It is so amazing how well this wine turned out!

View attachment 77273

Great label!

This is @heatherd's fault. I was minding my own business, sipping a red after dinner -- my wife & I helped our son move, and we purchased calzones from an independent pizza place on the way home. Anyway, I was quietly reading @Old Corker's post about making a coffee port. I read Heather's notes ... and when my red was finished, I had to open a bottle of coffee port. Totally Heather's fault ...

😂

I'm not much into sweet wines, but I love ports. The RJ Spagnols dessert wines are a hit every single time! Very rich in nose and flavor, and full bodied.

coffee port.jpg

Latest posts

Back