What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Fred would be wise to pull all those 40 bottles and we could have an impromptu Mid-Atlantic meeting of wine drinkers anonymous. Wadda ya think? Masks required, of course.

Well remembering back at the first meet up it was way too much fun with around 20 bottles. Not sure I could handle this group with 40.

Must just be the lighting. It looked fine in the glass to me. Very little tartrate fall out. This was IIRC the first year(s) that the Reserve wines were produced by Juan Muñoz-Oca.

As for the wine? It's drinking really well. The nose was all dark fruits and a little spice. Black cherry, currants, and plum. Perfect amount of oak. Overall very balanced on the palate, it had smooth tannins, a nice acidic kick and then more of the dark fruits. The finish was medium long. I believe this wine has legs to go for another 5-10 years at least in the cellar with proper storage obviously. I wouldn't be surprised to drink one of these at 25 years and still see that great balance that it had yesterday. I would give it 91pts.

I actually have a bottle of the 2005 CC Reserve Cab Sauv that won WS #1 Wine of the Year (2009) still lying down as well as a 2001 CC Reserve Walter Clore I need to get around to drink.

Someday!

Looks a little lighter in color than I would have expected... Was it, or was this a trick of the lighting in your pic? Anyway, how was the damn thing? :HB

I believe this wine has legs to go for another 5-10 years at least in the cellar with proper storage obviously. I wouldn't be surprised to drink one of these at 25 years and still see that great balance that it had yesterday.

I stopped my CC Reserve shipments several months back, but have probably a dozen or so bottles in the cellar. Every time I've opened one, I'm always pleased but think I should let them be for several more years. I'm trying to forget about them for a good while.

After much FUN back-channel jabbering about the brew craft between Craig (@ceeaton) and I, I present my closest yet clone of Rolling Rock the way it USED TO taste when it was $7 a sixer and not $10 a twelve. This is one good beer, an easy drinker, but not yet spot-on. It is very close, though, so I figure if I adjust and drink maybe 100-120 more bottles from future batches, I will zero right in on the "33" flavor. :p My wife declared this the best beer I ever made while demanding I refill her glass, which indicates that she likes adjuncts and dislikes hops. A second batch is soon to ferment.

beer.png

Latest posts

Back