What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to find something I should really drink NOW........ LOL

IMG_6138D.JPG

2006 Col Solare. Red Mountain Bordeaux blend (left bank) this was a Costco find back in 2011! The tannins were smooth as silk but there was still plenty of acid to help wash down some leftover Beef Tenderloin from last Sunday.........

I tried hard to extract the cork in one piece but alas I failed as evidenced by the floating cork in the bottle. Luckily I have a nice cork screen to remove any pieces while poring.

Excellent aged bottle but I need to try and drink a couple years sooner if I can!

Happy Friday night folks!

Let’s hear the good and the things you don’t like about it, so I can improve as well. An untruthful review will bring 10 years of stuck fermentations :)
Remarks: This is the final iteration of the KK Winery trifecta of wines acquired in August - I have enjoyed every one and this wine leaves me wanting more. I attempted to replicate Ken’s success this year and currently have a 225L barrel aging right now.

Medium bodied - smooth mouthfeel on the approach with gradient chalky, soft tannins that increase as the experience lingers. Light nose - which I expected for a 2019. Translucent violet color. Notes of black fruits, plum, vanilla, hint of spice and green capsicum on the palate. Perfectly balanced acidity slicing through on the finish. I would certainly buy this wine. Ken has something here he should be proud of.

There isn’t anything I don’t like about this wine.

Latest posts

Back