What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours were cancelled months ago. Last year when it stormed they put them off on Labor Day, not even considering it this year. There is always next year if this COVID stuff ever goes away or they figure out vaccine for something that morphs so easily.

Tonight we broke out the LAST BOTTLE of a CC Showcase Walla-Walla Cab/Merlot. This was a little bittersweet, as this is (so far) the best kit I have made. It was just over 6 years old. Very enjoyable, fruity, robust, filled your whole mouth. Godspeed, Walla-Walla!

I'm NOT a wine drinker so bought a bottle of 19 crimes red wine to see how it is.. it was wine.. nothing eye piping yummy.

i really like that wine.
Please describe it to me: what you smell, taste, perception of sweetness etc. My ' international wine' experience is limited to this and Prosecco , which doesn't really taste good either. The 19 Crimes has a blatant sourness that's hard to ignore. I barely taste wood and 'vanilla' which tastes like almonds in my mind.

( It'll take me a while to understand the intricacies of taste analysis.)

Thanks

View attachment 63404
a treat from the cellar from BoatBoyJim. A 2018 and really quite a nice wine. Three grape French blend. I would make this one myself... even Mrs Mann, who is super picky, chose this over her Luna Bianca.

That was a great kit. Wish I'd done two or three of 'em. My last bottle went down a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back