What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of pics and meme's come from FB and two keystrokes and done. These are the ones that would never show up in the app for some reason but were seen just fine on a web browser be it mobile or desktop version.

Pics I take personally on my iPhone get transferred in seconds to my MacBook Air photo library and again its a simple 2 or 3 keystrokes and they are uploaded as well.

How do you take your pictures?

You make grape juice wine? I am long time ago wine maker and am just now getting a batch of frozen grape started. Tonight I’m drinking Pacific peak Pinot Grigio from a box. It’s ok for an inexpensive wine. I’m not embarrassed to say, I also add some lime juice and ice. Never get too tipsy 🥴 that way. Can’t wait to try homemade again.

EFESTE counter to "Sideways" merlot. 2014 "Upright". 100% Merlot from Red Mountain. This is not your Mother's merlot by a long shot. Needed 45 mins of air time to soften the tannins. After that it was my preferred wine for sure with the Cacio e Pepe. Sauv Blanc was not doing it for me by a long shot!

IMG_5237.JPG

Last evening, after cocktails, wifey and I polished off a 2015 Turley Petite Syrah from the Hayne Vineyard. I felt like we were a little early with it, though in the drinking window. Still had some tannin and acidity that I know will lay down in another few years. Only had two bottles, so the other one will have to represent PS from Hayne.

I was unfamiliar with what distinguished "Grand Durif" from plain ol' Durif (AKA, Petite Sirah). Evidently, it isn't really a thing (Caymus – Suisun Grand Durif 2017 – Small Winemakers Collection ):

Suisun (su-soon) Valley, which lies to the Southeast of Caymus, is only a 40-minute drive and is similar to Napa Valley 40 years ago. With its warm days and cool nights, the region is known for delicious stone fruits and walnuts – increasingly, it is also gaining recognition for its wine. Durif is synonymous with Petite Sirah, the widely grown grape in the region – Chuck added “Grand” to the name of Suisun-grown Durif because he doesn’t do “petit”. With lush textural tannins, this wine is rich, supple and totally enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back