What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ask because I have a 3L H3 Cab Sauv from 2010 sitting in my cellar and I keep thinking we need to find an occasion to pop open a giant bottle like that but have not. Your tasting notes made it sound like it was perhaps over the hill and I got a bit panicky. My cellar is 55F for about 6 months of the year but creeps up or down to/from 65 max during the Summer so I was wondering if yours was stored at a warmer temp or similar temp as mine. Sounds like I need to throw a Summer BBQ in a few months!

EDIT: oops, that sounded defensive. I actually really want to know!

If it's over the hill for drinking I think it will have an easy 2nd chance career in the bottom of this dish....

367736_braised-shortribs_1x1.jpg

A few months sounds like too long..!!

Doing some testing, tasting and topping up in the winery this afternoon (@mainshipfred : the SC-300 works like a charm). I grabbed a bottle of Columbia Crest Grand Estate 2017 Syrah for the top ups where I didn't already have 'extra' wine. This is a really nice wine - grab some if you can. Only ten bucks at Wegmans and more than worth every penny.

I heard it was national "open that bottle" day today. Good excuse to pop a cork on something I have had sitting in the cellar for a few years. 2010 J. Bookwalter Volume One. Did not suck. 100% Cab Sauv from the CV. Paired very well with some leftover beef stew from a couple nights ago. IMG_5194.JPG

Last edited:
There was only half a glass of Clos du Roy left for last night, so I opened one of these. Mmm... South Africa...

B20343.png

Back