What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Friday's Cuban Picadillo dinner. Really love the "winery direct" stuff from TW. More like TC....

View attachment 56930

11825855725598.png

I won't buy any of that WD stuff anymore. Trouble is, that's 90% of TW's inventory.

Costco run yesterday to ABQ. Sadly not a drop of Kirkland Signature Cotes du Rhone........ :(

I did snag a couple bottles of what I think is a very close in quality to CC H3 Cab Sauv.

This J.Lohr is PDG for $11 and change at Costco (available at your local grocery store wine aisle more than likely as well) Paso Robles can grow lots of high quality grapes!

j-lohr-seven-oaks-paso-robles-cabernet__53769.1544400031.380.500.jpg

Costco run yesterday to ABQ. Sadly not a drop of Kirkland Signature Cotes du Rhone........ :(

I did snag a couple bottles of what I think is a very close in quality to CC H3 Cab Sauv.

This J.Lohr is PDG for $11 and change at Costco (available at your local grocery store wine aisle more than likely as well) Paso Robles can grow lots of high quality grapes!

j-lohr-seven-oaks-paso-robles-cabernet__53769.1544400031.380.500.jpg
This is a nice wine, always decently priced in a restaurant, and a good value from a retail stores for sure.........excellent QPR in my book.

Another Costco run here too. Needed Mobil1 for an oil change, but it's right next to the wine isle...

Anyway, there is usually something interesting from across the water and if it's under $10 so much the better. So for $6.99, we had this with dinner last night. Verdict-Excellent structure, very firm tannin, lots of fruit. A fine effort that needs another year in the bottle. From Chile. I'm going back for maybe 4 more today to set aside. So a good wine, and a great deal.

Edit: Back today for 4 more and already the stocks are low. That's just 24 hours. There is also a very good deal on the Simi Sauvignon Blanc for $5.99. It's a solid SB and currently on sale. I got a half case of that for the wife to quaff.

E6E6B8C4-04CA-4735-9C03-667BCD5C7757.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, the wine isle... that sounds heavenly. I would love to visit there someday! :D

I guess any island can be a wine isle, if you take enough with you!

And they have a really good selection in the Wine aisle at the Kona Costco by the airport. So whether you're bound for the wine aisle at Costco or just want some wine while visiting the isle itself, you can be fully covered in Kona. Just no wine(ing) about the long flight.

I made a batch of Central Valley nebbiolo three years ago and never thought much it, actually I thought it was a flop so I never bother to open a bottle to taste. Tonight I need a bottle of red for cooking so I take a bottle pull the cork. When I pour a little into a glass I was immediately surprised by its color. Instead of that dull pink when I were making it ( see the second picture below ) it has turned into a vibrant ruby red, then I smell it. The enchanting pure red fruit like a red burgundy blew me away, then a sip. OMG I AM NOT COOKING WITH THIS BABY!
the robust acidity and the tanning all comes together, lean but starts to open up very nicely. This turns out to be my favorite wine of all I had made, I would say. What a frog to prince moment.

20191018-212956.jpg

20160925-145430-29941141655-o-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back