What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

Thanks. It's been four years of work to get to this stage. It's an odd thing, but agencies parse novel submissions by asking for the first 5 or 10 pages only. You can write a beautiful 389 page book, but if your first 5 pages doesn't grab them, then NOPE! I'm not represented yet, but this is the first full manuscript request. We'll see what happens.

Congratulations Jim!

Have you thought about self-publishing on Amazon to just get it out there in totality?

Last edited:
I saw a good review of that one and my local Costco has it for $6.99
I will get a bottle tomorrow to see how it goes.

While you are at Costco, you might want to get a bottle or maybe a case of Petite Petit wine by Michael David Winery, look for a bottle with a circus scene on it, around Missouri they are going for about $12/bottle. I could drink that out of a shoe.

Amazing what you can find there at times. I shop Costco for wine when visiting a relative- no sales of wine in our PA store

Year old WE Amarone...

vFO1VCyKipv4e3U3wH1hydXs6aakOSQG1iqH5I_Rm2Dh-C1RLYkWGkFLSdrwa1owCC_gHAVUyM9_TpGCsB4UPMCWMkZ3iFAA_tBJ0XEkawA_rM5q1zI6LgJQlDMne1ZGUB1LZ63nW73Cd8hWiGgYVBZ9t2G6jKJzFOLWnq1Uy-9WSONwejRHQxBxE4-Sg7mqT3ziI7Qb35AwYGMt4y5u22GRqq5HmVZSgzVWcF77gujOdt3L-1aq37EKVIlA0CiZkJaA8UbEx_wfg8ycEG9GT3IXMIG1UvJB1MAf0EaZekOwcpZEdbF9-ISJXsqesdOj6V41ymnWhW2qs1mDfYRxhTfFEovOpu5H5ddtUtS24fhoPqvE110v5oKCUOOIuW-Y0htKbrj7T8PVTcCzs2pySay0rH_lIhpneF87j7PXZk0KwQwJaKQrdR2RonUXRIGJ-BUqWMWrFk6wqtPmM357eqoEDbwPaNxTWzQWI6kXoB2-t3UqCrVESqh4AmFAiyLvZUH9Tw18Sho2HCkv1y9KHDD_D6QvHoMKETEFeze-_PO8iNzXCwzoYr900Stge1Bd6R02xztGbFatUd3QataQ3KAlRWOzlg1nn6SBqk0WBLUtv2t8q0fHjRtiPEb_HhiHzG3c0PlsmMKHPto3ZT9uu-LR0Izkrvy4xRTkr_DoDtuKYDDnuZSkm3w=w326-h245-no

Giving this a try at $6.99 from Costco, costco rep told my wife this one is going out fast and people buying by the case and that it will not be coming back once all sold.

Wife likes it and percibes it as not too dry, but to me it is bone dry.

A bottle of wine from France at this price, can we ask for more? Lol

IMG_1379.JPG

Our local Costco doesn’t have wine so I only can do this on our travels. That one is an excellent value! Just wish I had purchased more.

I wonder if that is shipped in bulk to a bottler here in the states. Are the words "mis en bouteille au domaine" on the bottle? That is a really great price in any case. I will have to look for it at my Costco.

I wonder if that is shipped in bulk to a bottler here in the states. Are the words "mis en bouteille au domaine" on the bottle? That is a really great price in any case. I will have to look for it at my Costco.

Here’s the label in the back:

IMG_1380.JPG

That explains it. La Cave des Vignerons d’Estezargues is one of the oldest co-ops in France. Patrick Lesec is one of the oldest and best known winemakers in the area so a natural for Costco to lock up a huge portion of (decent) bulk wine from the area and bottle it up and slap the Kirkland Signature label on it. Win-win for all involved. We are headed down to ABQ on Thursday (next) and will make a Costco run. Will see if I can snag a bottle (or two).

Back