What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our BFF's brought me back a bottle of this from a quicktrip up to CO over the weekend. This stuff is amazing. Bone dry and a finish that won't quit. Went fantastic yesterday with Fathers day dinner (grilled Tri Tip and Spatchcock Chicken on the Kamado K24!)

wine_tri2016.jpg

Our BFF's brought me back a bottle of this from a quicktrip up to CO over the weekend. This stuff is amazing. Bone dry and a finish that won't quit. Went fantastic yesterday with Fathers day dinner (grilled Tri Tip and Spatchcock Chicken on the Kamado K24!)

wine_tri2016.jpg
NICE

What's Driving Rosé's Rocketing Rise?

Seems like the Rosé bug has been aroused in someone? I noticed a couple of issues ago in WS it had a big 'ol bottle of Rosé on the front, would that have anything to do with it? I'll have to admit I've been so busy I haven't read that issue or the other one I just put on our samples rack.

Dry Rose' sales have been growing exponentially the last several years now. Its the hottest selling category for a lot of reasons especially during the Summer months. It goes well with literally anything you put on the grill. Its served cold when its hot. Its light and refreshing. It it very affordable and comes in bottles, boxes and even cans. And yes WS made it the cover just this week but that is not too uncommon for this time of year at all really.

225-20180630.jpg

rose-import-value-and-volume.png

Seems like the Rosé bug has been aroused in someone? I noticed a couple of issues ago in WS it had a big 'ol bottle of Rosé on the front, would that have anything to do with it? I'll have to admit I've been so busy I haven't read that issue or the other one I just put on our samples rack.

Yesterday tasted probably around 50 wines. The most memorable ones were at our evening get together with @heatherd, @mainshipfred, @pgentile and @tjgaul. I believe a nice Amarone was passed around by @heatherd that was very good (actually we didn't have a bad wine in the group, some still a bit young but showing promise).

Yesterday tasted probably around 50 wines. The most memorable ones were at our evening get together with @heatherd, @mainshipfred, @pgentile and @tjgaul. I believe a nice Amarone was passed around by @heatherd that was very good (actually we didn't have a bad wine in the group, some still a bit young but showing promise).
That was so much fun! I'm posting pics of all the great wines you guys gave me to take home...

Found this the other day at the Smiths Marketplace up in town. Cost was ~$10. This is the real deal. Bone dry. Beautiful light salmon color. Nice crisp zing and really nice bouquet.

CSM_17_Rose.jpg

Latest posts

Back