What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not actually in my glass tonight, but came across this tonight at County Market. I like the Apothec Dark - very fruit forward I guess you would say - but this caught my eye - Coffee infused red wine! Made me curious, so I figured what the hell.

Attachments

• 20180607_205108.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Well well, this Sauvignon Blanc at this price point is an excellent choice, I’d buy this in a heart beat.!!

Pear on the nose, nice and pleasant minerals and right acidity for me, hands down really good.

For about $7.40 out the door......do I need to say more?

View attachment 49164
As a kiwi, I hate to tell you this - but these guys are just another wholesaler / contract batch fermenter, masquerading as a vineyard. No vineyard and less staff than I have fingers on one hand. Hence the rot gut price. This type of marketing is taking over huge areas of our world at the moment. Either a European or American with money to gamble. The fact that it is a nice drop is testament to some poor sod farmer who toiled to produce outstanding grapes for sweat-all return. But pleased you enjoyed the sav. The Hawkes Bay is a lovely part of NZ.

I just finished mowing the yard. Its 92F and the humidity is a whopping 7%........

Picked up a Growler from our local Beer Co-op. 1663 Hefeweizen (5.5%ABV) Nice, light, cold and the Meyer lemon came from our daughter and SIL's back yard in Burbank. Might go for another here in a bit.

IMG_3307.jpg

I just finished mowing the yard. Its 92F and the humidity is a whopping 7%........

Picked up a Growler from our local Beer Co-op. 1663 Hefeweizen (5.5%ABV) Nice, light, cold and the Meyer lemon came from our daughter and SIL's back yard in Burbank. Might go for another here in a bit.

View attachment 49213

Very nice!! I too just finished the lawn, 95 F and 87% RH, chose peach tea to cool off, planning something a little heavier after dark......cheers!

LR Sauvignon Blanc Rose. With just a hint of sweetness, it was perfect with spicy quesadillas using leftover tri tip from last night.

Finally turned the corner, for better.

View attachment 49310
I have to do the super tuscan kit one of these days. I did the Grenache/Syrah and I am drinking a glass of the test bottle i cracked the other day to see what it tasted like shortly after bottling and its a great tasting wine. Really fruity and balanced with a slight hint of vanilla from all the oak.

Its great now and could only get better with time.

Got the wine thief out and sampled some 2016 Lanza Zin. Three gallons were already shared with @jgmann67 for his Honor Among Thieves Red blend (1/2 Petite Sirah/ 1/2 Zin). The five gallons left are very smooth, checked my notes and I used chips in the 3 gallons I gave to Jim and Xoakers in what I'm tasting tonight. Yum is all I can say. The nose is to die for, floral yet with raspberry fruit shining through. The oak is definitely there but not dominating. The body is a little light from what I remembered, but still medium in that category. I think I can and should have bottled this a while ago since it's quickly heading for 2 yrs old.

Did tip the carboy, first one in quite a while, almost dropped it to the floor since I'm out of practice. Oh, and I think I need to clean my glass a bit better (I usually avoid using soap, old beer habit).

6-15-18_lanza-zin.jpg

Got the wine thief out and sampled some 2016 Lanza Zin. Three gallons were already shared with @jgmann67 for his Honor Among Thieves Red blend (1/2 Petite Sirah/ 1/2 Zin). The five gallons left are very smooth, checked my notes and I used chips in the 3 gallons I gave to Jim and Xoakers in what I'm tasting tonight. Yum is all I can say. The nose is to die for, floral yet with raspberry fruit shining through. The oak is definitely there but not dominating. The body is a little light from what I remembered, but still medium in that category. I think I can and should have bottled this a while ago since it's quickly heading for 2 yrs old.

Did tip the carboy, first one in quite a while, almost dropped it to the floor since I'm out of practice. Oh, and I think I need to clean my glass a bit better (I usually avoid using soap, old beer habit).

View attachment 49356
Nice, yeah i made and do make a lot more beer than wine, but i like wine as well. Im now on my wine binge lol.

35390996_1757912004298530_4025194030701740032_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back