What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own creation from 2012. El Peso Pesado or "The Heavyweight"! Just now hitting the sweet spot and drinking spectacular with a 40 min decant. Paired wonderfully with leftover brisket from Monday.. 75% Cab Sauv, 15% Syrah, 10% Zinfandel. All made from CA grapes back when I had a fantastic source. If your making wine and its not ready for 6-7 years. You are doing something right! LOL

IMG_3295.jpg

My own creation from 2012. El Peso Pesado or "The Heavyweight"! Just now hitting the sweet spot and drinking spectacular with a 40 min decant. Paired wonderfully with leftover brisket from Monday.. 75% Cab Sauv, 15% Syrah, 10% Zinfandel. All made from CA grapes back when I had a fantastic source. If your making wine and its not ready for 6-7 years. You are doing something right! LOL

View attachment 49066
Nice Wine, Sounds like something i would like.

Drinking a 2 year old bottle of rhubarb wine that I had lost in the other wine in the rack. The extra year of aging made an amazing difference. I have a new rule now for my rhubarb wine - 2 years aging in the bottle.

Well well, this Sauvignon Blanc at this price point is an excellent choice, I’d buy this in a heart beat.!!

Pear on the nose, nice and pleasant minerals and right acidity for me, hands down really good.

For about $7.40 out the door......do I need to say more?

IMG_1528236988.295595.jpg

Last edited:
Considering that an Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc will cost you ~$5 a bottle plus corks, label, shrink cap on top of that......... $7 for something all you have to do is put in the fridge and crack the cap on demand......

Well well, this Sauvignon Blanc at this price point is an excellent choice, I’d buy this in a heart beat.!!

Pear on the nose, nice and pleasant minerals and right acidity for me, hands down really good.

For about $7.40 out the door......do I need to say more?

Considering that an Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc will cost you ~$5 a bottle plus corks, label, shrink cap on top of that......... $7 for something all you have to do is put in the fridge and crack the cap on demand......

Exactly, why even bother making the wine yourself, LOL

Latest posts

Back