What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't figure out what to do for dinner, so walked around the meat isle and settled on some cheap boneless chicken thighs. Knew I had a half bottle of Caribbean GF jerk marinate in the fridge, and a bunch of leftover taters and veges in there too. It was all so I could pour a few pints from the beer I made a weekend ago (it's all of 9 days old at this point) and let it cool down a bit more while I watched the chicken slowly, I mean slowly, cook on the grill. The spicy chicken was a perfect accompaniment to the simple 4.9% Pale ale I had on tap. clearing up nicely (used WLP007 English dry ale yeast, it just motors through a ferment and drops out almost instantly when terminal gravity is reached). Since the starting gravity was only 1.046, set my IBUs to around 36. I really liked the initial taste, but I'm getting used to the bitterness too quickly. Glad the next batch was upped to around 40 IBUs.

1-15-18_pale-ale.jpg

WE LR Shiraz-Viognier started in January, 2015. This has been a really good wine, even from the early days. Wifey thought it was a commercial wine.

Couldn't figure out what to do for dinner, so walked around the meat isle and settled on some cheap boneless chicken thighs.

I'd love to get shipwrecked on the meat isle someday. That sounds lovely. :)

I also settled on some cheap chicken thighs, although mine had bones. (But were $0.99/lb!) I boned them and made a chicken soup.

In my glass (since that is the nominal thread title) is one of my first few kits, a CC Showcase Amarone, 4 yrs+ old. It's getting there! (Only 3 left.)

Well I too settled on chicken tonight,mine was whole and roasted.
I had a late 2016 CI Cabernet Sauvignon.
It was young,but I enjoyed it

Went over to Mom and Dad's for the last of the electronics setup/tweaking. Dad made a big batch of meatballs and sauce yesterday, so we hung out and watched the Patriots, then had dinner. Knowing we'd be having Italian, I brought over a bottle of WS Amarone. Good stuff.

Little cradle robbing test tonight. 2016 Lanza Koch Cab/ 169 Cab blend. Oaked in carboy before bottling. Tannic, tight, but fruity, just needs a lot more bottle time. Compared to the Koch Cab we sampled last night, which was barrel aged 8 months, night and day difference.

With family out to visit, I butchered some filets for dinner and brought out a Forza for dinner. My brother also brought a commercial Malbec. But, Mrs Mann requested a Merlot, too. Easy enough. Brought back up a 1.5 year old Eclipse Stags Leap Merlot. Amazed at how good it was so young.

Went over to Mom and Dad's for the last of the electronics setup/tweaking. Dad made a big batch of meatballs and sauce yesterday, so we hung out and watched the Patriots, then had dinner. Knowing we'd be having Italian, I brought over a bottle of WS Amarone. Good stuff.

Cherish those moments, glad that you can still have moments together with both parents.

Back