What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you still have any of the LE 2013 South African Shiraz Cabernets around? If so is it time to crack that one yet, or should I wait? You gave me one Spring a year ago. Your notes say the few bottles you had tried to that point were very good.

OMG! Can I have that back!!?? :) It was great, and sadly now gone. Or at least somewhere that I haven't found it.

OMG! Can I have that back!!?? :) It was great, and sadly now gone. Or at least somewhere that I haven't found it.

Seriously, I can save it for when we potentially meet up this fall, that is why I asked. I still have a few vintage wines you gave me, maybe I can set a ransom for some of them? :h

Now that I think of it, wouldn't it be great to have a few of us meet up and have that as one of the wines we taste. We rarely get a chance to drink an older kit wine since their demise increases exponentially with age (or it seems to work that way).

Edit: I'm searching the sanctuary for some more potential victims...I found a Chardonnay/Viognier, a Viognier and a Blueberry port!

Last edited:
After cooling off from a hot run and getting some ribs on the bullet, I'm relaxing in the AC, watching the Nats and finishing off what was left of a bottle of Costco Rose from last night. May open a Zin later to have with the ribs.

Last night we ended Father's Day with a Cotton Candy by Buckeye Winery... too syrupy for me, but not a bad after dinner sipping wine. We had our annual local wine fest the day before and it was one of the offerings my SIL purchased. Now that I'm making my own wine it was nice to go around and get ideas :)

Visited Infinite Monkey Theorem urban winery on a visit to Denver a couple of weeks ago. What I had there was good, a buddy and I worked our way through the list. So, I couldn't resist bring a couple of the cans home. Moscato wasn't too bad, would do for a camping trip, but the red, well nuff said.

IMG_4383.jpg

On week days I normally only drink maybe one glass of wine a day with dinner. Last night I opened a bottle of Stag's Leap Merlot given to me by Boatboy Jim with my pizza. I'm not a big Merlot fan but I couldn't stop at one, don't even think there is a glass left. Don't ask me to tell you what I tasted I'm not quite there yet but it went down way too easy.

Thanks Jim, BTW, I was late for work this morning, got fired, need a job, anyone hiring?

On week days I normally only drink maybe one glass of wine a day with dinner. Last night I opened a bottle of Stag's Leap Merlot given to me by Boatboy Jim with my pizza. I'm not a big Merlot fan but I couldn't stop at one, don't even think there is a glass left. Don't ask me to tell you what I tasted I'm not quite there yet but it went down way too easy.

Thanks Jim, BTW, I was late for work this morning, got fired, need a job, anyone hiring?

:ft Hummm, thought you ran your own business....so you fired yourself, eh?

I should have taken a picture...

I'm on my second glass of a WE Chilean Carmenere! I left a half full glass of wine on the kitchen table - on the place mat just as my wife orders me to do. I finished supper and left the table - pushing in the chair just as my wife orders me to do - and went to wash the dishes - just as my wife orders me to do. Well, our 5 month old puppy has figured out that there are often good tastes, due to spills, left on the cloth place mats. Even though Sadie knows it means a time out she'll sometimes go for the gold and pull a mat off the table. So Sadie pulled my place mat off the table along with the glass of wine. I don't blame Sadie, I blame my wife for having all these rules for me. If it weren't for Janet's "wine glass goes on the place mat" rule there would have been no wine spilled.
smilie.gif

Ps. Surprisingly the glass didn't break and I'm drinking out of it right now.

Last edited:
I should have taken a picture...

I'm on my second glass of a WE Chilean Carmenere! I left a half full glass of wine on the kitchen table - on the place mat just as my wife orders me to do. I finished supper and left the table - pushing in the chair just as my wife orders me to do - and went to wash the dishes - just as my wife orders me to do. Well, our 5 month old puppy has figured out that there are often good tastes, due to spills, left on the cloth place mats. Even though Sadie knows it means a time out she'll sometimes go for the gold and pull a mat off the table. So Sadie pulled my place mat off the table along with the glass of wine. I don't blame Sadie, I blame my wife for having all these rules for me. If it weren't for Janet's "wine glass goes on the place mat" rule there would have been no wine spilled.
smilie.gif

Ps. Surprisingly the glass didn't break and I'm drinking out of it right now.

I'd give her a glass of her peach wine and send her (Janet, not Sadie) to her room for a time out (in the meantime you can finish off the rest of the bottle)!

2014 LE WineXpert Super Tuscan. Started in July of 2015, so almost 2 years old. Not even in the same league as the RJS Winery Series ST.

Back