What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cody, just curious: Are you from the Pittsburgh area? There are tons here from the 'burgh.

I live in Sidney, Ohio - about 30 miles north of the 70 / 75 interchange in Dayton, Ohio. I lived in California for ten years and had a friend who loved Paso Robles wine. He took me down there the first time I went and I go back every chance I get. Unfortunately, that is very rare given where I live now! The Tobin James wines are remnants of my trips to the Paso Robles area.

Last nights "swill". LOL This was one of the best bottles of wine I have opened in a while. Wish I had more. 91pts WS. Tasted more like 95!

IMG_0663.JPG

With school starting tomorrow, we had an early BBQ over at a friend's place. Started with a nice Prosecco cocktail that included elderberry flower syrup, mint, and fresh raspberries. Followed that with a Coppola Sauv Blanc that I brought, then some of my 2014 WE LR Grenache Rose'.

With school starting tomorrow, we had an early BBQ over at a friend's place. Started with a nice Prosecco cocktail that included elderberry flower syrup, mint, and fresh raspberries. Followed that with a Coppola Sauv Blanc that I brought, then some of my 2014 WE LR Grenache Rose'.

Wow. Our schools started 1 1/2 weeks ago. They got Friday and today off, but still, started way early from what I remember (back in the black 'n white days).

Tonight's offering...

Tonight we had "Bluebell" and "Not Your Dad's Root Beer" floats being enjoyed by my daughter and sister.

2 Blue Bell - Not Your Dad's Root Beer   09-07-15.jpg

Blue Bell - Not Your Dad's Root Beer   09-07-15.jpg

I saw some 'hard root beer' in the store the other day. Was very tempted to try it.

2010 Delille D2 (right bank) Bordeaux Blend from WA State. Doing some more research tonight. Needed about 40 min to open up and then it was simply stunning.

D2.png

How is it, Varis?

It is :HB:HB:HB

Man, does that color look nice. Looks like you also have some nice clarity!

I would love to taste it!

This is the wine I sent for the bold competition last year, it won silver at a year old, now it is just approaching 2 years and guess what...I have NO complains..:r
Smells great and has a nice final smooth taste, it has the silky taste I like, not astringent, simply smooth...and the more I decant it and swirl it in the glass the better it gets..

Styrofoam cup tonight..... :)

Drove up to Denver today. Stopped at Costco and got gas and a few things plus a couple pieces of Pizza and a bottle of H3 2012 Merlot.

Taste pretty darn good even in the Hampton Inn "glassware" LOL

CRUSH starts tomorrow morning at 8:00AM! Picking up 900 lbs of Fresh grapes!!!!!!! :r

Pizza and wine night started out with a Courtyard Winery Dazzle, followed by an Arrowhead Catawba. My wife got a new job offer, so we are celebrating tonight. She wants to be back to owning the winery... No dice from the current owner.....

Styrofoam cup tonight..... :)

Drove up to Denver today. Stopped at Costco and got gas and a few things plus a couple pieces of Pizza and a bottle of H3 2012 Merlot.

Taste pretty darn good even in the Hampton Inn "glassware" LOL

CRUSH starts tomorrow morning at 8:00AM! Picking up 900 lbs of Fresh grapes!!!!!!! :r

You are totally channeling "Sideways," right?

H3 is lovely. Sigh. Why don't I drink more of it? :?

As for me, I had a 2013 Cline Zinfandel. At a grand total of $8.10, it was a fantastic QPR. It was a lot nicer than some of their other vintages. Not a complex or deep or brooding wine, but fruity, approachable, and food-friendly.

Good luck with crush.

Last edited:
Back