What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and I had a bottle of my 2014 Chilean Carmenere, a great pairing for tonight's episode of Game of Thrones!

A cool mug of American Amber Ale, kegged it about a month ago and it is yuuuummmmy!! :sp

American Amber Ale sounds yummy. Have a 5 month old porter in a 3 gallon corny keg that is just calling my name. Trying to keep it for a 4th of July cookout I'm hoping I can talk my wife into.

Drinking the 2 cups of Viognier left over from bottling this evening (WE Selection Calif Viognier kit). Can't believe it is this drinkable already. Should be much better by Thanksgiving/Christmas, which excites me. Viva Viognier!

Tonight's glass will be full of an Italian Bardolino. Trying to sample a different Italian red every chance I get. Never had a Bardolino, but it's red and Italian so I'll probably like it.

Tonight, it is a Red Mountain Cab started 3/14/13 and bottled 9/18/13. No tweaks and it is a remarkable wine. Nice nose, great ripe red fruit flavors and the oak has retreated as to be not overpowering anymore. It is outstanding. Will taste quite nice with my grilled NY strip and mashed cauliflower. Yum!

Had some fantastic wines from a small producer in NW Bulgaria. A Chardonnay and a gamza.

[ImageUploadedByWine Making1432009077.324538.jpgATTACH]22307[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWine Making1432009042.200767.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWine Making1432009042.200767.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 113
I didn't have much left in the wine fridge that I was willing to move, so I've been 'cleaning up' a bit in the last week or so. Still a half dozen bottles in there to be moved tomorrow, but I cracked tonight and opened a Tempranillo-Garnacha. Nice wine. Like most kits, no nose to speak of. But the palette is a different story. This was a Kenridge LR from last year. Nice fruit, but not too much. Well balanced with acid and tannin. A great summer red - something to go with BBQ on the patio. Glad I did this one.

We are having Moscoto with hints of peaches and apricots. I have no idea where we got it from, but it is nice!

Drinking my "Hop Monster" beer I made about a year ago. Never liked it til I realized that you don't pour the last 2 ounces in the glass. It has all the yeast. What a difference. Still, very malty and hoppy. ImageUploadedByWine Making1432247361.038465.jpg

Tonight is is my GCI Barolo (Ripasso Style). I started this 8/8/15 by pouring the fermentables onto the gross lees and spent grape pack from a Showcase Amarone. Along the way, I added 1 oz American heavy chips and 1 tsp tannin riche extra. This stuff rocks! Firm tannins, excellent fruit and just a hint of sweetness, even though the hydrometer says it is .994. Really outstanding. If I was selling this in a boutique winery, I would not hesitate to put a $20 price tag on it.

I have a VN Chianti that I did the same thing and, now bulk aging, seems headed down the same path. I am convinced the 'ripasso' style really brings the lower end kits to a quality beyond their wildest expectations. JOESWINES - need to give this method a try. I bet you like it.

Looks good.

If the beer has been in bottles for a year, I imagine all of the yeast is nice and compact at the bottom. I bet if you gave it an easy pour it would all stay behind and you could get almost all of that precious nectar in your glass.

Tonight I'm drinking Dragons Blood...

Tonight I'm drinking Dragons Blood that I bottled on 12-20-14.

I followed and bottled Dave's Dragons Blood recipe twice now before branching off into other wines.

This is so good that I'll revisit this recipe for my next batch.

Very nice, great fruit flavor and acidity, easy to drink.

# 1 Dragons Blood Fall 12-20-2014 - 05-21-15 c  Resized 400.jpg

Latest posts

Back