What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarone, old style Barolo, brunello......the best

Oh, good God. For a minute, I read this as Amarone, Old Style, Barolo, brunello......the best. I was very puzzled!

user16359_72449.jpg

What's in your glass tonight...

I'm drinking a Maelstrom American Stout Brewed in Beaumont, Texas

It's 1 pint 6 ounces with a 6.8 ABV

Smooth and sweet.

Maelstorm American Stout.jpg

Got this at Costco and will try tonight...I hope it will be good..

How did you like the Carnivor, Varis?

Here was my impression of this wine:

Upon opening: Smooth, languid, cough syrup, boysenberry, artificial candy taste, slightly sweet. Bizarre deep purple color, nearly fluorescent. Loooooong legs. The legs themselves look purple. Very viscous. Artificial color and/or glycerol.

I bought a Barolo to top up my Cheeky Monkey LE Barolo and Barbera blend kit . That was VERY DISAPOINTING ! The other bottle was a Pinot Noir . That was very nice , a rich wine , good color , nice body, with cherry and nice oaking .:b

IMG_20150319_215629 (1).jpg

IMG_20150322_213502.jpg

I cracked one of my Crabapple Ciders last night. First time since checking the carbonation levels at the beginning.

FANTASTIC. Tasted just like a nice, chilled Strongbow. Acidic enough to be interesting, but not so much that it unbalances the dryness. I consider this a success! Can't wait to sip on it this summer in the garden :b

Drinking tonight.

Mine is from Costco also. It's a Spanish Rioja. Very dry and very bug. I buy a case each time I go. It's on sale for $7.99.

Get some, it's worth it.

The best wine ive had in a long time, some of my home made cherry from January 15, a really nice drink ;-)

Ok ive exceeded my rda at one litre but it was well worth the effort ;-)

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back