What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

A cool rainy day in the NC Sandhills today, about 52 degrees outside. The Wife is at work and the dogs are sleeping so I thought I'd slip outside to the porch and enjoy a glass or two of my fruit concoction I call "grapple". This is only three weeks old and is awesome. My own recipe of apple juice and welches grape jam, with a banana or two and some raisins thrown in. Started @1.092 and I finished it @ 1.000 so I didn't back sweeten. About 12.25% ABV.
It's dry, but not overly so with an apple front and a slighty tart finish. Great stuff. I love the way it inverts the pickup truck in the picture. I'm proud of this wine. Can't wait for it to age a bit. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Joe

DSCF2449.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

I just finished bottling a CC Amarone, and there's always some left, so that's on the counter tonight along with some cranberry apple wine that I bumped to 16%. Good thing it's a Saturday night!!

Recently bottled, double oaked (cubes & barrel) WE Brunello

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I just finished bottling a CC Amarone, and there's always some left, so that's on the counter tonight along with some cranberry apple wine that I bumped to 16%. Good thing it's a Saturday night!!

Geronimo, How did the Amarone turn out. I bottle mine in a few weeks.

Had a nice Nebbiolo with dinner earlier. Now enjoying a little Jack over two cubes for a bit of a nightcap. I enjoy a good bourbon, but every once in a while, I crave JD.

Geronimo, How did the Amarone turn out. I bottle mine in a few weeks.

Excellent, but I admit this isn't my first batch of CC Amarone. The one thing I wish I had was an oak barrel for this kit.

For how long have you been aging your CC Showcase Amarone?

It's only 9 months old. I typically ferment for a month, and then secondary (and cold condition) for 6-9 months, then bottle. I'll leave it alone for another 2 years now. I have some 3 year old CC Amarone that's become smoother and velvety.... flavor-wise it's not that much different.

My last bottle of 2011 California Shiraz, made from a Luva Bella juice bucket and loaded with french oak. I'm going to miss this one!

Been raining here all day long. Currently sipping on a 2009 Kontos Cellars Merlot. California may have effed up Merlot in Sideways but WA State has brought it back big time. This is some Kick ASK Wine folks. Went very well with an imported Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza all the way from the windy city. Killer combo!

Kontos%2Bsm.jpg

about-lou-malnatis-pizza-slice.jpg

IMG]http://www.loumalnatis.com/filebin/images/about-lou-malnatis-pizza-slice.jpg[/IMG]

Oh man, I've seen that picture of Lou's DD pies so much it makes me want to jump a commuter to Chi-town and have a sit down ;)

Latest posts

Back