What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Francis Ford Coppola has evidently introduced a value line of blended wine called Coppola Rosso & Bianco. I picked up a bottle of "Coppola Rosso" for the evening. It is very pleasant plonk. It does not list the varietals on the bottle, but their website says 29% Zinfandel, 25% Syrah, 25% Petite Sirah, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon I was guessing it would be based on more of a high-yield grape (Grenache or the like). Not bad.

I must say that I make a damn fine Catawba. The wife and I have split 2 bottles this evening....

Renaissance Aussie Chardonnay. Barrel fermented, just over a year old now. Getting really nice.

CC Sterling Pinot Grigio, born 9 months ago and finally ready. Very enjoyable and a fantastic deal for under $3/bottle! (I definitely see room in my repertoire for more whites in the Sterling line.) Tons of citrus, some peach, white flowers, red apple. Very good as an aperitif, good with food.

2013 "Purple Goddess" - my juice bucket/grape combo that is mostly Carmenere, with a little Malbec. Better and better every time I sample it. Still needs a little more time, but it is drinking pretty well already.

Tonight I am enjoying a 2012 Chambourcin that was back sweetened to 1.000 and has a 50/50 mix of American and French med toast oak. My wife didn't like it but I do..

Just finished a bottle of Sunset Blush from Fulkersons in the Finger Lakes region.

Had to top off the Tempranillo-Garnacha barrel and I used some "Red Guitar". It is pretty decent, and I had about a glass left in the bottle after top up. I'm following that up with RJS En Primeur Amarone - only about 13 months old, but some members have been asking about Amarone kits. So in the interest of science, I thought I should test mine and provide some insight. ;)

Bottled an RJS WS Cabernet Sauvignon after 3 months bulk aging and had ~500ml left over. Drinking a glass of the overage right now and am happy to find that it is showing a lot of promise. I'll pop the cork on a bottle about 3 months from now and am expecting some really good things from this wine as it matures.

Bottled an RJS WS Cabernet Sauvignon after 3 months bulk aging and had ~500ml left over. Drinking a glass of the overage right now and am happy to find that it is showing a lot of promise. I'll pop the cork on a bottle about 3 months from now and am expecting some really good things from this wine as it matures.

I made this a couple years ago and loved it. It seemed to reach a real peak at at about 2 years. Of course, it may have gotten better after that - if I had any left. I have made Red Mtn Cab the last couple years but I won't hesitate to make the WS Cab again.

2013 Edelweiss, lol, gave everyone else skeeter pee and I'm drinking Edelweiss. For only one year old, this stuff is great.

I haven't tried it for some time, it is not matured yet since I started it Dec 2013.

I am trying not to touch it after tasting your Super Tuscan at 18 months.....wow....what a great wine..!!
I am due to pay you back...

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Back