What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder if the lines were reversed, EP being incorporated into WS. That is what I had heard and that, to me, makes more sense. I am pretty sure WS accounts for a far larger percentage of their sales than EP, if nothing else, because of the number of products. If they are paying attention to the forums like this one, the have to know just how impressed most members are of the line. Just seems like brand suicide to me. Hopefully, RJS responds to my email and we can get clarification. Time will tell.

Just received the following email from RJS:

Hello Roger.

The Winery Series are not discontinued we are still making them.

Gayle Huff
National Customer Service
RJS Craft winemaking A division of Constellation Brands Canada Inc
1825 Boundary RD Vancouver,BC V5M 3Y7
Office 604-451-9511 Ext 6054
Toll Free 1-800-663-0954
www.rjscraftwinemaking.com
cid:i[email protected]

Answer the question? Don't know. Seems to address the 'now' but not much beyond that. Guess we'll see.

I spoke to that lady the other day after she sent me a reply about a different inquiry and honestly she didn't seem to know what she was talking about [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

I spoke to that lady the other day after she sent me a reply about a different inquiry and honestly she didn't seem to know what she was talking about [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

The response just seemed a little narrow to me.

The response just seemed a little narrow to me.

Yeah, here's one response to a question about a kit, I wanted to know if it came with fpack or not:

"The sweetness of the Wine is Dry, but can be altered to be off- dry let it ferment longer and the Sg
Too go down lower."

I don't know but.... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Jim, so served on the rocks? What proof is it? Does it taste like rum or the fruits that are added?

Pango is a 70-proof Haitian fruit flavored rhum made by Rhum Barbancourt from sugar cane juice. The flavor is unique and wonderful. It can be bought very cheaply. Even with shipping from the supplier, I have less than $15 per bottle in these.

See: http://www.barbancourt.net

It is great straight on the rocks or with 7-Up as a mixer. I particularly like it mixed with Vernor's Ginger Ale. If I have unlimited access, I would do nothing but drink it all day, so it is good I have to pay for it. :)

The 2013 Winexpert Pacific Quartet goes exceptionally well with homemade guacamole.

That is all......... :hug

LE2013_PacificQuartet_Bottle.png

Last edited:
In my glass tonight.
year old dragon blood port..
wife might leave me another glass..
I hope

Having some of the leftover Chipotle Short Ribs from the weekend tonight for dinner :hug.

Have not opened one of my 2012 Machete blends for 3-4 months. This is ~ 75% Cab Sauv, 5% Zin, 10% Syrah, 10% Petit Sirah. OMG has this thing settled down and now drinking as sharp as the name implies. Lots of dark fruits, really nice oak. Tannins are settling down and softening nicely. This will go out to 2020 easily if any bottles last that long!

IMG_0796.jpg

WE LE Washington Cab/Merlot. Seems quite nice at 18 months, but I've got some sinus issues at the moment so it's hard to make a proper assessment.

Well, I am cheating, it's not in my glass tonight but it will be tomorrow night. Tomorrow night, we will be at a BnB on a thoroughbred horse farm near Lexington, Ky. I am taking this along.

Some folks had the audacity to open a winery in late September on the Lynchburg Square, in the shadow of Jack Daniel's, and they have been doing a booming biz since! Of course, all the wines are young and there is nothing quality wise that our members can't duplicate - which I reckon is why the stuff is flying off the shelves. Their reds are best and also they have a muscadine that is very nice. but they have the full gamut, from a Chardonnay onward.

If you're out Lynchburg way, stop by and hand 'em $5. They'll let you have 5 tastings for that, and you get to keep the Lynchburg Winery glass. Cheers!

Last edited:
Back