What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out to dinner on Saturday night with our BFF's. Went to a local place up in Lost Almost called the Blue Window Bistro. Bout the only really good restaurant in town which is why we normally make the 30 min drive to Santa fe for a dinner out. No shortage of trendy high quality places there. Anyways I had the 4 Daughters Land and Cattle Co. Filet Mignon. An 8 oz. tenderloin wrapped in apple-wood smoked bacon, served with whipped potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables and topped with béarnaise sauce. Very nicely done.

SWMBO had their Southwest Chicken Chicken breast stuffed with roasted green chile, red bell pepper and chipotle cream cheese wrapped inside fillo, served with whipped potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a serrano cream sauce which was also to die for good.

For the table we picked a 2012 Justin Cabernet Sauvignon. Went very well and was actually from the "cellar selection" wine list but was reasonably priced. Very nice bottle of wine from the Paso Robles area.

Justin_2013_Cab_750ml_52395.jpg

Red Rock Red Blend. Normal cost is about $11.00 but Stater Brothers had them on sale at 40% off plus an additional $20.00 off when buying 6. At about $3.25 a bottle I was impressed. We went through a couple of bottles with Grilled London Broil Sat. night. I'll probably pick up another 12 or 18 bottles between now and Wed. when the sale ends.
Mike

RedRock.JPG

The leftover 1/3 bottle from this morning's Super Tuscan bottling. At almost a year old, it is good. But my experience with this kit tells me another 6-12 months will make it great. I almost pulled the trigger on a CC Showcase Chateau du Pays today, but I read that RJS is discontinuing the WS line. So I'm thinking I may need to buy one last Super Tuscan.

... but I read that RJS is discontinuing the WS line. So I'm thinking I may need to buy one last Super Tuscan.

SAY IT ISN'T SO! I thought I heard En Premeur was being woven into the WS line with some of the more popular EP products becoming WS. I certainly hope the WS stays put. I would hate to lose that product.

:ot: what?? That's one of my favorite go to lines!

I just spoke to Joseph at FVW and he has not heard any rumors that WS is going away. It is one of their top sellers. So I just sent an email to RJS and hope to receive a response soon and will pass along anything I can get from them. This has me really bummed at the mere thought. Hopefully it is just a rumor and we can stomp that sucker flat very soon.

I just spoke to Joseph at FVW and he has not heard any rumors that WS is going away. It is one of their top sellers. So I just sent an email to RJS and hope to receive a response soon and will pass along anything I can get from them. This has me really bummed at the mere thought. Hopefully it is just a rumor and we can stomp that sucker flat very soon.

Weird. See post #3:

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51620

Makes me wonder if the lines were reversed, EP being incorporated into WS. That is what I had heard and that, to me, makes more sense. I am pretty sure WS accounts for a far larger percentage of their sales than EP, if nothing else, because of the number of products. If they are paying attention to the forums like this one, the have to know just how impressed most members are of the line. Just seems like brand suicide to me. Hopefully, RJS responds to my email and we can get clarification. Time will tell.

but I read that RJS is discontinuing the WS line. So I'm thinking I may need to buy one last Super Tuscan.

Just received my RJS WS Australian Cab from FVW. Was talking with George and he said the same thing. They are folding some of the "flavors" into the En Primeur line but discontinuing the WS line.

2013 En Primeur Amarone. At just about 2.5 years old, it is good, but still improving. Rather enjoyable though. I'm convinced that this line, like the Meglioli, needs substantial time to come around.

Getting very good...accompanied with pork chops, rice, veggies and other "amenities" [emoji39]
This was recommended by @ColemanM if I remember.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1447464412.849922.jpg

Last edited:
Aperol Spritz. 3 parts Proseco, 2 parts Aperol, 1 part Soda Water. This was an extremely popular cocktail in Milan.

Latest posts

Back