What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks well maybe something for me to look into however seeming pretty acidic on its own... Been trying to read as many threads as possible!

I bottled today so I had glasses from the 32nd bottle of WE Selection International Australian Riesling, WE Selection Sauvignon Blanc, and Cornucopia Frascati.

I have 6 more carboys to bottle so hopefully I'll have 2 or 3 glasses of different wines tomorrow :)

Well, since we were having boeuf Bourgignon, a friend brought over a bottle of Josh Pinot noir. Once we disposed of that, we drank most of the excess of the CC Showcase Old Vines Zin left over from bottling today. Even at only 2 months bulk aging, it was not bad at all!

27 pounds of rhubarb produced 5.5 gallons of finished wine for me.

How are u having to balance the ph or acid? I would love I be able to use it in some of my wines but haven't even ventured into having mine tested yet!
Maybe I should be asking what your avg ph or acid tests are on yours so far? I know our soil is very alkaline but testing for the rhubarb will be needed.

Last edited:
I try to adjust the acid to a TA of ~0.7. Actually I overshot it on this batch and ended up pre-fermentation with a pH of ~3.0 and TA of 0.8. But it has balanced out in the end. Actually I haven't even bothered testing it post fermentation as it tastes good to me.

My preferred method:

Harvest rhubarb, slice into pieces and freeze.
Let thaw overnight and press the pulp to collect the juice.
Add water to the pulp - the same volume as the amount of pressed juice that was obtained. Stir well and press the pulp again.
Adjust the sugar and acid to where you want and then ferment away with the appropriate nutrients, etc.

bottled 3 x 6gals today. So I am having a glass from the 32nd bottles of WE Selection Chilean Chardonay, Cornucopia Strawberry Merlot, and Island Mist Peach Apricot Chardonay. 3 more carboys to bottle next weekend.

Zalai, I am sorry I didn't reference you as the one who suggested the Liberty School! Thanks again for the suggestion.

My very amateurish tasting notes said "Very nice, astringent, MUCH better in 5 years, smooth, fills the mouth, berry, spice, dry, cassis, slight floral note."

Hi Paul ,
No problem ! I am glad you like my suggestion . In Calgary the Liberty School would cost me $16-$19 .
I am having a glass of my blend . It is Malbec +Cabarnet Sauvignon+Merlot blend .:b

Hi Paul ,
No problem ! I am glad you like my suggestion . In Calgary the Liberty School would cost me $16-$19 .
I am having a glass of my blend . It is Malbec +Cabarnet Sauvignon+Merlot blend .:b

Cost me $16 here, although, to be fair, that was at my upscale grocery store. (The liquor store didn't have it.)

Cracked open a California Grand Red last night. It's only about nine months old - been in the bottle for about three. It's just wonderful. Fruit forward, but with solid tannin and hints of vanilla and caramel. A winner in my book. This was a Limited Release from last year that they repeated this year. Grab one if you still can. I'm looking forward to finishing it tonight. :D

Tonight is a 2011 Bogle Pinot Noir I opened last night to top up my EP Pinot.

Lemon Drops made with Meyer Lemons from my back yard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back