What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some of this tonight. It is very good to me.

summer2label_zps74c654fc.jpg

En Primeur Amarone. I just bottled this yesterday. 28 bottles and 4 splits. I had an additional 3/4 of a split leftover. I closed it up with my VacuVin and let it sit until about 3 hours ago, when I poured it into a decanter. Holy cow! There is still a slight bite, but this wine is awesome. I'm probably going to box up most of it and let it sit for a year if I can stand it.

The kit came with dried skins and raisins. I put the raisins in secondary a la Joeswine. It also got time in the Vadai and roughly 4 grams of Tancor Grand Cru.

Jim, do you think the EP Amarone trumps CC Amarone? When did you add Tancor relative to bottling? Thanks. I don't bottle my CC Amarone until July but it is tasting good. I should start the EP Amarone to have a comparison. G

Jim, do you think the EP Amarone trumps CC Amarone? When did you add Tancor relative to bottling? Thanks. I don't bottle my CC Amarone until July but it is tasting good. I should start the EP Amarone to have a comparison. G

I can't speak to which one is superior, since I've only done the EP. From my reading, they are both excellent. I chose the EP 1) because I hadn't yet done any EP kits and 2) because it came with skins AND raisins.

The Tancor was added only a week prior to bottling. Normally, I'd give it anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to integrate, but for some reason, I just wanted to bottle it.

Tonight I'm drinking my first non-grape fruit wine, BlackBerry. Never had a non-grape wine in my life. However after joining this forum how could I resist but try one. This semisweet blackberry wine comes from a local winery not far from my house. Not sure what to pair it with. Any suggestions?

Sipping on my Muscadine that I bottled about a month ago after aging in the carboy for 15 months. Delicious.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Wine Making mobile app

Tonight I'm drinking my first non-grape fruit wine, BlackBerry. Never had a non-grape wine in my life. However after joining this forum how could I resist but try one. This semisweet blackberry wine comes from a local winery not far from my house. Not sure what to pair it with. Any suggestions?

Warm Brie with fruit topping?

Had a few glasses of port, then decided to make tacos...Now i am switching to some patron margaritas, with Grand Marnier,and fresh limes.

Started with some Cabernet Sauvignon during supper that I was given for Christmas, sipping on some Apple Pie now and plan to have some Elijah Craig Single Barrel later tonight.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Wine Making mobile app

I have been making rhubarb wine for many years and have tried many different styles and methods to make it. I think I have perfected what pleases me the most. So, I am enjoying a bottle of THIS deliciousness! It is dry, but has a satiny silky texture. Rhubarb can do that. It has nice rhubarb flavor and the acidity sparkles in your mouth. It's almost herbaceous without being green. Goes well with food and just on its own. Now, I know that some prefer it sweeter and it's good that way too.

I can't wait to start making this with a 4 Elements label to share with everyone else.

1505258_530709923695075_935065139_n.jpg

I have been making rhubarb wine for many years and have tried many different styles and methods to make it. I think I have perfected what pleases me the most. So, I am enjoying a bottle of THIS deliciousness! It is dry, but has a satiny silky texture. Rhubarb can do that. It has nice rhubarb flavor and the acidity sparkles in your mouth. It's almost herbaceous without being green. Goes well with food and just on its own. Now, I know that some prefer it sweeter and it's good that way too.

I can't wait to start making this with a 4 Elements label to share with everyone else.

1505258_530709923695075_935065139_n.jpg

That's wonderful Greg! How much rhubarb would you need? I am growing rhubarb but haven't looked into wine recipes yet!

Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale with dinner and a few glasses of Green Apple Gewurztraminer after dinner.

Tonight I opened a split of the WE Brunello w/grape pack. It was bottled six months ago. It was very good at such a young age. Could have bumped the tannin though. We'll see how it matures.

Latest posts

Back