What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice is, when celebrating an unexpected seismic business relationship explosion, complete with red-hot searing angry words, recriminations and resentments, and effects with long half-lives ahead, don't scrimp on the wine. 😄 Mmmm...

View attachment 101205

After blowing up our business arrangement along with excessive attacks on my core values tossed in absolutely free of charge, the guy comes up to me this morning with his hand out, saying, "Well, now that that's over, let's put it all behind us." :oops:

Hmmm... I wonder... What wine to choose for that... Definitely a powerful red... 😄

In business, "Communication is the lubrication for the situation." That's how to avoid pent-up resentments that the other party has no idea about. This sudden event will have just a tiny effect on my macro scale, but there was a helluva lot nicer way to unwind it if he'd wanted. Or he could have just talked to me all along. Oh well, just a part of it, I guess!

And people wonder why I drink. 🤣 I now return you to the previously scheduled "Whats in your glass tonight?"

I discovered my younger son still had 3 bottles of my 2019 Squeezins' -- when I made a 2nd run wine in 2019 from Malbec, Merlot, and Zinfandel, I segregated the final hard pressing of the pomace, which made a surprisingly dark, heavy wine -- for a 2nd run. He liked it so much that I gave him the last 4 bottles, and he had 3 remaining.

The first bottle was oxidized, which is to be expected from a 3.5 yo second run wine. The second bottle? While in decline, is still good. That surprised me.

squeezins.jpg

So when we went out for dinner a couple of nights ago in Paso I was browsing the wine list and while they had quite an amazing list of wines from the region a good bottle was like $150+

But wait..........

They have cork service in CA!

And we have a trunk full of amazing wine!

$35 corkage fee.

I ran to the car and grabbed a bottle of Denner "Mother of Exiles" (Cab blend) and brought it back post haste.

I would eat out much more often back home in NM if they allowed corkage fees at restaurants!

This was as good with dinner as it was at tasting the day before. LOL

IMG_9859.jpeg

Last edited:
Back