What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, it's this morning. Thermometer said "35 F" and hot chocolate sounded good. It contains caffeine, so folks around me are safe until I make coffee.

hot chocolate.jpg

Anyone recognize the cup? Gevalia used to give them out -- I've had this one longer than I've had my wife, and the mate is still in the cupboard. Still my favorite coffee cup.

Actually, it's this morning. Thermometer said "35 F" and hot chocolate sounded good. It contains caffeine, so folks around me are safe until I make coffee.

View attachment 94224

Anyone recognize the cup? Gevalia used to give them out -- I've had this one longer than I've had my wife, and the mate is still in the cupboard. Still my favorite coffee cup.

I loved those cups as well. They left my house with my ex. I think everyone who ever even thought about trying Gevalia coffee back in the day has two.

In San Antonio this past week visiting and taking care of aging parental "stuff".

Giving this a go tonight with Pizza. Not so great out of the gates. Will see if it improves but seems off ATM.

View attachment 94298
Some of the Kirkland labeled wines are good, but I had the Cotes du Rhone a few years ago and was not impressed, so I'm not surprised at your reaction.

I have found that with most wines, the 7th or 8th glass is pretty good.

This ended up coming around after about 30 min or so. I think its just really young. Probably just bottled a few weeks ago.

They reviewed it today and gave it a decent score.

https://costcowineblog.com/2021-kir...e_cotes_du_rhone_villages&utm_term=2022-10-22

In San Antonio this past week visiting and taking care of aging parental "stuff".

Giving this a go tonight with Pizza. Not so great out of the gates. Will see if it improves but seems off ATM.

View attachment 94298

Following 3 weekends of grape wine tending (throughout which Mrs WM81 was patient), we spent the weekend in Carolina Beach (NC). The weather was cold, windy, and rainy, so Mrs WM81 didn't get to spend as much time on the beach as desired. But -- we found other fun things to do, and explored a few areas we had not previously explored. Saturday night we ate in -- steaks from the local Food Lion, baked potato, sweet potato, and a couple of wines from the Costco Advent calendar box.

Strut king.jpg

Back