What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking my 2020 Marquette tonight. I bottled a carboy today so have to try it. Turned out ok, I Oaked it and added glycerin, it’s only 12% alcohol and lite on tannins, clean aroma and easy to drink. Much better than I originally thought of it.

Attachments

• EB31E4E9-BF2B-48AF-A682-111222644270.jpeg
    EB31E4E9-BF2B-48AF-A682-111222644270.jpeg
    816.2 KB · Views: 6
Saw @mainshipfred the other day for the first time in quite a while and we swapped a few bottles. He gave me this little gem, which is a perfect example of a medium bodied Italian blend. Made a simple meat sauce for dinner tonight and the two were a match made in heaven. I've got a yet to be blended Super Tuscan from 2020, but I'm thinking of making another Italian blend and using Fred's proportions as my base. Great job, Fred - well balanced with fruit, acid and tannin all working very nicely together.

1628643198758.jpeg

I remember back in the “old days” when I was a youngster in DR, that beer was ranked by a company or magazine or something I can’t remember one of the best 10 beers in the world.

Things most likely changed since but the beer continues to be an excellent choice and the most sold in DR.

Ex baseball player Alex Rodríguez made a big $$ investment in the company and now a big stakeholder.

I remember back in the “old days” when I was a youngster in DR, that beer was ranked by a company or magazine or something I can’t remember one of the best 10 beers in the world.

Things most likely changed since but the beer continues to be an excellent choice and the most sold in DR.

Ex baseball player Alex Rodríguez made a big $$ investment in the company and now a big stakeholder.

InBev has done things. I remember when Rolling Rock was $7.99 a six, not the watered down $9.99 a 12 stuff InBev makes. Etc. Because Presidente is InBev, though, my friend can get it in the USA.

We had our first Pinotage last night, this one by Six Hats out of South Africa. I had never heard of it before and my dad gifted us some bottles. What an amazing taste... It was pretty dark spice berry forward and finished with some muted earthy tones of tobacco and rooibos. Slightly dry, not astringent. Mellow. Very nice flavor... It went well with a nice steak on the grill, and then with homemade blackberry cobbler and vanilla bean ice-cream afterwards.

Had a dinner party on Friday night. Largest in quite awhile. All guest were vaxxed. Decided to pull out one of my Columbia Crest H3 Double Magnums I purchased a few years ago from Costco I think. Was worried this might be over the hill as it was a 2010. I pulled the cork before hand and tasted it just in case and it was perfect! I tell you cool cellar temps make all the difference in the world. This vintage scored 90pts WS and was still a 90pt wine IMHO. A perfect bottle for the night.

1629053443205.jpeg

Last edited:
Back