What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since there was no masonry involved in the fence I put up today, but I have plenty of pain now, I decided to open one of these, rated 4.2 on Vivino. It'll get the job done! Tastes very much like a mainstream supermarket buy. My rating: 3.0. I have been spoiled by Australia and Europe, it seems. Have a great Memorial Day!

IMG_2211.jpg

I know, I know. "If you have to keep your beer cold that long, you're drinking it wrong.". I had a moment of weakness at Dick's Sporting Goods on Saturday, and I'm glad I did.
No better way to kick off summer that I can think of than with an Old Bay beer, while the smoker does it's work.

1622482243479.jpeg

I know, I know. "If you have to keep your beer cold that long, you're drinking it wrong.". I had a moment of weakness at Dick's Sporting Goods on Saturday, and I'm glad I did.
No better way to kick off summer that I can think of than with an Old Bay beer, while the smoker does it's work.

View attachment 75103

Koozies are required in the Southland. A beer can hit 50 degrees or more here within 5 minutes of coming out of the cooler. I get a lot of gimme koozies. But if I was gonna buy one, YOU NAILED IT!

Koozies are required in the Southland. A beer can hit 50 degrees or more here within 5 minutes of coming out of the cooler. I get a lot of gimme koozies. But if I was gonna buy one, YOU NAILED IT!

It's funny, Jim. I was thinking about you when I posted that. But I think you'd be better served with one of these for your afternoons out in the fields. Just stick on the 'hood' of the tractor and off you go:

Toadfish

It's funny, Jim. I was thinking about you when I posted that. But I think you'd be better served with one of these for your afternoons out in the fields. Just stick on the 'hood' of the tractor and off you go:

Toadfish

Believe it or not, Jim, I abstain from drinking alcohol when operating equipment that can overturn or rip an arm or leg off, and also when working making wine or beer. I know just how difficult that is to believe – even for me! – but it's true. 😆

However, I did look up a different sticky alternative as a result of your post...

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Neo...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

also when working making wine or beer
I agree with not drinking while using equipment that can kill or maim, but while you're working on your wine??? Quality control is an important part of wine making!

If I stopped that, I might lose my helpers!!

I agree sipping and tipping are part of bottling.

I have seen the arms of a guy who was drinking while brewing and was handling carboys, when one slipped out of his hands and hit the countertop as he was trying to catch it. Shredded. Something like 2,000 stitches, all totaled between his two arms. Then he really got high, as they had to keep him on super doses of narcotics to keep the pain from consuming him.

Wine and beer making are industrial processes involving heavy liquids, glass and big equipment. They can injure or even maim with the slightest slip. That is no place for drinking. I enjoy my sips after the work is done.

It depends on how heavy the drinking is. We sample wine during bottling, but no one has as much as a glass during the hour or so of bottling. Once the cleanup is done? Then we divvy up that last bit that didn't quite fill a bottle, and may pull samples from other carboys and barrels.

I'm long past having any interest in getting drunk, so even after the cleanup, my intake is limited.

I agree just interested in enjoying the fruits of my labor before I put them to sleep and mature 😴

Latest posts

Back