What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a little reading and it looks like the winemaker named vineyards that make the wines he is most proud of after his daughters. There is a Hilary, Chelsea, & Kathrine (I don’t see Sarah listed anymore, maybe she got disowned!)

Yes-Exactly. It's ok if it's a real person, but not ok, in my book, if it's a disambigulation. But I'm sure the wine was great. My wife and I frequent Dry Creek which is sort of across the highway from Alexander Valley. Great Zinfandels there, and great Cabernets from Alexander Valley too.
I have no idea! I didn't know what you meant, but then it dawned on my that you think they may be conflating "Sarah" with "Sirah." Is that what you meant?

I was unable to figure out what the "Sarah" meant, but it put me in mind of one of the best wines I have enjoyed, viz., Klinker Brick's Farrah Syrah: Klinker Brick Winery - Products - 2016 Farrah Syrah IIRC, the name "Farrah" was the praenomen of the daughter of the vintner, or something like that. I sort of assumed the "Sarah" wine was the same.

Just did a little reading and it looks like the winemaker named vineyards that make the wines he is most proud of after his daughters. There is a Hilary, Chelsea, & Kathrine

Thanks!

(I don’t see Sarah listed anymore, maybe she got disowned!)

That comment is hilarious!

Last week we went to a friend’s house to test their new smoker. Beef ribs. Went through the wines I had on hand and saw Jim’s Eclipse bourbon oaked Zin-Cab. Perfect.

it was stellar. No kidding. My buddy Burns is not a big wine guy tried it... “wow, that’s good!” This was better than the Eclipse OVZ I did a few years ago. No kittishness to the wine that I could detect. Very finished. Excellent body, color and flavors. Why can’t they keep kits like this in their rotation??

Last week we went to a friend’s house to test their new smoker. Beef ribs. Went through the wines I had on hand and saw Jim’s Eclipse bourbon oaked Zin-Cab. Perfect.

it was stellar. No kidding. My buddy Burns is not a big wine guy tried it... “wow, that’s good!” This was better than the Eclipse OVZ I did a few years ago. No kittishness to the wine that I could detect. Very finished. Excellent body, color and flavors. Why can’t they keep kits like this in their rotation??

That was my first (and to date, only) EM.

My wine making is really coming to an end, well I made the last kit a few months ago and getting some carboys into bottles this weekend.
Just bottles the kit RJS Okanagan Meritage I started November 2018.

This hobby has brought joyful moments to me personally and the chance to know many of you here, but personal life things slowed down the activity considerably and I feel I am not enjoying making it at home as much.
Selling all equipment as well.

This picture is the Okanagan Meritage which is tasting very good.

Cheers 🍷

1603649484586.png

Sorry you're not making anymore wine, Varis. I hope you'll choose to still hang around though. Enjoy your company.

My wine making is really coming to an end, well I made the last kit a few months ago and getting some carboys into bottles this weekend.

This hobby has brought joyful moments to me personally and the chance to know many of you here, but personal life things slowed down the activity considerably and I feel I am not enjoying making it at home as much.

Cheers 🍷

View attachment 67477

Sorry to hear that Varis, hope everything works out for you. But do keep us informed of the Costco wines.

I had it recently myself and it was very nice. My son couldn't believe it was a kit.

You can quit making wine but you can't quit WMT!

Where would we get what's new at Costco!

Cheers 🍷

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Not that I'm going to discuss personal issues here, but I can tell you that depression is real my friends and has been hitting me like a roller coaster due to family issues....especially during this pandemic s$it.. :(

I'll stay around for sure.

Latest posts

Back