Quantcast

What's in your glass tonight?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Good luck buying spirits online and shipped to you. Looks like a 3 hour drive for you to NH....

Then you will have to recharge for hours and hours, maybe spend the night even, then drive back the next day.......

I was in NH a few days ago...
That site looks like there's a place in Brooklyn, NY. Much closer to me.
Oh, no need to charge for hours, at a supercharger v3 my car would charge at very high speed when battery is low, close to 1,000 miles/hr, then tapers down when above 50%.

GR!

Reaction score
So tonight we did a blind tasting to pick between two Napa Cabs for our wedding. My plan was to get a case, have one bottle on the wedding night and keep the rest to to have over the next 20 years or so. My dad has always been a Joe Phelps guy so that is kinda what I have known forever. I was able to find a bottle of the Odette was on the recommendation @Johnd . Both were fantastic and then my dad (who could not be out done) brought out a bottle of the Backus!
IMG_2617.jpegIMG_2618.jpeg

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Totally irrational, of course, but seeing Bookwalter lights up my thoughts. Just shared the post with Mrs. S_G, and we reflected on nice times at their winery/restaurant.

sour_grapes

Reaction score
This was a rando WTSO purchase, but quite a number of years ago. We rather liked it, so we held on to the last one for a quasi-special occasion. Tonight, I decided that the "special occasion" was that it was a Thursday night, the wine is probably peaking, and there weren't many more appealing options in the wine cellar! :) Nothing magical, but it did not disappoint.

IMG_1053.JPG

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
This was a rando WTSO purchase, but quite a number of years ago. We rather liked it, so we held on to the last one for a quasi-special occasion. Tonight, I decided that the "special occasion" was that it was a Thursday night, the wine is probably peaking, and there weren't many more appealing options in the wine cellar! :) Nothing magical, but it did not disappoint.
So what's the deal with the "Sarah" Zinfandel? Sounds misleading. But WTH, an Alexander Valley, 8 years old, Zinfandel, is likely pretty good.

Tonight, I'm drinking one of the very first wines I made to completion. A 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon. It's "oakless" but pretty decent at this point. Having it with homemade onion soup. Not bad. I still have another case of it, so all good!

sour_grapes

Reaction score
So what's the deal with the "Sarah" Zinfandel? Sounds misleading. But WTH, an Alexander Valley, 8 years old, Zinfandel, is likely pretty good.
I have no idea! I didn't know what you meant, but then it dawned on my that you think they may be conflating "Sarah" with "Sirah." Is that what you meant?

I was unable to figure out what the "Sarah" meant, but it put me in mind of one of the best wines I have enjoyed, viz., Klinker Brick's Farrah Syrah: Klinker Brick Winery - Products - 2016 Farrah Syrah IIRC, the name "Farrah" was the praenomen of the daughter of the vintner, or something like that. I sort of assumed the "Sarah" wine was the same.

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
I have no idea! I didn't know what you meant, but then it dawned on my that you think they may be conflating "Sarah" with "Sirah." Is that what you meant?

I was unable to figure out what the "Sarah" meant, but it put me in mind of one of the best wines I have enjoyed, viz., Klinker Brick's Farrah Syrah: Klinker Brick Winery - Products - 2016 Farrah Syrah IIRC, the name "Farrah" was the praenomen of the daughter of the vintner, or something like that. I sort of assumed the "Sarah" wine was the same.
Yes-Exactly. It's ok if it's a real person, but not ok, in my book, if it's a disambigulation. But I'm sure the wine was great. My wife and I frequent Dry Creek which is sort of across the highway from Alexander Valley. Great Zinfandels there, and great Cabernets from Alexander Valley too.