What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what did you think of that wine, I'm not for sure I'd give it 90 points, but I sure would say at that price point ($6/bottle) I'm going back this week to get a case of it.

I really don't recall every detail except that it was good for its price, not a bad wine.

Tonight, my wife and I will be cracking into our home brew. I know what you're thinking.... 2109 vintage? That's right. Not only is our Donkey a winemaker, he is also a time traveler. We were delighted when we found out he had traveled to the future and discovered his great-granddonkey was carrying on with the family hobby. He was so impressed by the way it turned out, he brought a few bottles back on the return trip.

P.S. - For those wondering... Yes, I have too much time on my hands. lol

Attachments

• 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200423174105760_COVER.jpg
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200423174105760_COVER.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DPCellarsBTTF.png
    DPCellarsBTTF.png
    682.3 KB · Views: 8
Every now and then if you get lucky and stay out of the way and let the grapes turn into wine with little to no intervention you get rewarded with something very special. I think I my have had two wines that turned out to be really special out of all of them and this is one of them. My 2013 Toscana de Roja. 50% Sangio, 25% Cab Sauv, 25% Merlot. I remember this wine like it was yesterday. When it was fermenting I wanted to jump into the Primary it smelled that good. It has not only withstood the test of time but continues to stand up well even today. Paired with some Ho-made Pizza which was excellent but really the wine was the star of the show tonight. If you have a wine that stands up not only to dinner but then actually gets better with more air after dinner you have something really special. I was literally cringing as I sipped the last few ounces tonight. It was hitting on all cylinders even after 7 years. I have about a case left still. This one is special for sure.

View attachment 65064
I am envious..........................lucky you!...........................................Dizzy

View attachment 65362

A Costco find from trip this evening. 90 points on somebody's scale. From Spain, a mix of Monstrall 55%, Cab Sauv 25% and Sryah 20%. Little on the nose even after an hour of opening and using an aerator. Very jammy, with blueberry, BlackBerry, and BlackBerry tastes. And the best part $6 per bottle. How in the heck can they sell it for that and make a profit.
I just purchased a Costco membership. I hope they sell that at their Columbus, OH store. I am looking forward to trying it after your recommendation. Dizzy

Tonight, my wife and I will be cracking into our home brew. I know what you're thinking.... 2109 vintage? That's right. Not only is our Donkey a winemaker, he is also a time traveler. We were delighted when we found out he had traveled to the future and discovered his great-granddonkey was carrying on with the family hobby. He was so impressed by the way it turned out, he brought a few bottles back on the return trip.

P.S. - For those wondering... Yes, I have too much time on my hands. lol

I love that the eponymous Donkey has a mask on. But please, Please, PLEASE don't tell me that he still needed it for 2109?! Please?

I love that the eponymous Donkey has a mask on. But please, Please, PLEASE don't tell me that he still needed it for 2109?! Please?

He has brayed about the freedom to breathe freely and without need for face coverings. Sadly, that is all the info he provided... You know... Gotta protect the timeline.

Last edited:

You don't want him bringing COVID to the past, do you? Though perhaps that would mean we'd now have a vaccine...

A glass of coffee port ,why not

Celebrate it!

Your success motivated me to chill a bottle of my 2013 Blueberry Port made from fresh blueberries. I saved a few unlabeled bottles in the hopes that I'd enter them into a comp one day. Maybe this fall will be it.

Boatboy it only takes one bottle to win 😎place or show that's all I entered.
One bottle.
Why not enter?

Latest posts

Back