What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We enjoyed a rando Pinot Gris. It was a 2018 Yakima Valley Pinot Gris called "Lone Birch." Never heard of it before, just grabbed it for ~$10 or so during a mad Coronavirus grocery dash. It was quite enjoyable; definitely in the Pinot Gris wheelhouse, but off in a corner of it. Lots of lychee and a bit of je ne sais quois. Nice with dinner, for sure.

That was the last one from a 6 pack my daughter bought, but wife bought a 20-pack from Costco that has different Mexican models, will check it out tomorrow.

It is one of the closest beers that mimics the Vienna style, which was really popular and well made in Mexico, but especially well made in years past in Texas. A protege of Dreher, who "invented" the style in Austria settled in Mexico, I believe (I'll have to go look at the book I have on the style) and replicated it with the ingredients he could get locally. The biggest thing to learn from Dreher was the use of the best possible ingredients you could obtain and not skimp to make an extra buck or two.

@ceeaton Do you approve? 😊
Wife bought a 20-pack of Mexican beer at Costco, on sale, different ones in the box, never tried this one but liking it. Well, is there any bad Mexican beer?? lol

B77D562B-2FAE-4587-B0E9-66472F102394.jpeg

Hmmm, are you sure you only poured 1 can in that cup Craig?
I saw that other picture you posted in the other thread and say about 6 empty cans nearby!! Lol
I think the final count was seven by what is left in the 12 pack I got. Feel pretty good this morning so it must not be as alcoholic as I thought.

Latest posts

Back