What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2017 Chilean Malbec Mosti Mondiale Meglioli (started June 3, 2018) barrel aged in a 23L for six months (November 1, 2018 through May 1, 2019. Been in bottle for twelve months - It's amazing!

Barrel aging has changed everything.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 7.00.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 7.00.54 AM.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 5
Drinking a glass of Chilean Syrah from a juice bucket and a couple of lugs of grapes. Turned three years old today and after decanting for about two hours is very drinkable and quite flavorful. My hopes are raised on this one a bit, last trial wasn't as promising. Will hide the rest of the bottle so that guy who is finishing it off every night can't do another bottle in.

Too lazy to take a picture, go down stairs to photoshop for size and post. I've had a long day!

image.jpg
Picked this bottle up at the winery on a trip to Bainbridge Island many years ago. The bottle has moved across country with me and been kept at 3 different homes. I figured it would be corked or past it’s prime, but it’s excellent. Probably cost me <$30 to buy and 100’s to store and move over the years 🤪.

Latest posts

Back