What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often add a drop (or ten) of sweet spiced rum to my wife’s dry whites. She loves it. I also have some cassis I add every so often. Makes a really cool cocktail because the cassis drops to the bottom of the glass and stays until she swirls it up real good.

to stay true to the vermentino I wonder if a little aperol + club soda would be good?

I don't have a picture of this. Today my wife and I bottled a double batch of Peach Apricot Chardonnay, an Elderflower, and a Blueberry. A total of ten cases. If course we had some leftover partial bottles. I can upstairs and my wife has poured some into a glass for me and there was a bottle sitting next to it. Unbeknownst to me the glass had the peach Apricot Chardonnay and the bottle was the Elderflower. So into the one I poured some of the other, boy did that taste good. Both are good on their own, but together was wonderful.

At a little over 2 years, this one is drinking pretty well!

View attachment 60245

goes pretty well with pizza hut thin crust pepperoni, sausage and bacon pizza.

You would think that RJS would have called that Spanish blend "Garnacha/Syrah." Sounds good, though!

I was a stags leap club member for several years. Fay is my favorite single they do, although cask 23 and SLV are both very good. Parker gave the 16 a 96, and spectator a 94

Special occasion bottles.image.jpg

That’s my last remaining stags bottle. Drank all the Fay and SLV already.

Last edited:
Sister in law and her kids came by yesterday so we could all sit 6 feet apart on the deck. Nice socializing again. Popped a bottle of the Viognier/Rousanne/Marsanne and a bottle of the 2017 Merlot (with some Cab Franc). Both were very good.

Latest posts

Back