What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have probably bought more this Spring than ever before as most wine clubs are offering larger discounts than usual as well as free shipping on a case or as little as 6 bottles. A case can cost as much as $40 to ship to me. It helps that we have BFF's that trust my judgment enough to split most shipments with.

First bottle of Winexpert Washington Columbia Valley Riesling. Very nice. Light, fruity and tasty!

Paired with spinach salad, strawberries, pine nuts and bacon as a side dish. Chicken cordon blue as a main dish.

Awesome!

I have probably bought more this Spring than ever before as most wine clubs are offering larger discounts than usual as well as free shipping on a case or as little as 6 bottles. A case can cost as much as $40 to ship to me. It helps that we have BFF's that trust my judgment enough to split most shipments with.

Same here. Some solid deals if you pick up cases at the winery. You call and pay first, then drive up and they have it ready for you at the curb. We made the rounds last weekend when I had a day off. Social distance maintained. A couple of cases of a great foothill 2015 Zinfandel for $8.60 per bottle was the stand out buy. It's really been great and a bright spot in the midst of this public health disaster. We have enough to survive an extended period of lock-down! Likely enough to get us until the 2018 is ready to enter the regular rotation in 2021.

Tonight I decided to pull out the 2001 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah, it’s surely recovered from its journey here. Drinking window from WA is 2003 - 2023, didn’t want it to expire in the bottle, it’s far from it!! Aromatic perfume bomb, this sucker filled the room, and didn’t disappoint on the palate either. Two sips in, it’s every bit of a WA 96 in my book!!
BD960A22-7349-4F18-85F2-FACE30804CF9.jpeg

Tonight I decided to pull out the 2001 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah, it’s surely recovered from its journey here. Drinking window from WA is 2003 - 2023, didn’t want it to expire in the bottle, it’s far from it!! Aromatic perfume bomb, this sucker filled the room, and didn’t disappoint on the palate either. Two sips in, it’s every bit of a WA 96 in my book!!
View attachment 60131
Dang...

Latest posts

Back