What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a salmon spinach salad last night and washed it down with a Martin Berdugo Rose from Ribera del Duero. This was made from 100% Tempranillo; and when I saw it on the menu, I had to try it, as I'd never seen a Temp Rose before. Not your typical Rose, it was very fruity, without really feeling sweet. Not crisp or dry on the finish like many, this was smooth with a very nice mouthfeel. A very different experience and it worked really well with the salmon.

Last night at Cooper's Hawk we did a tasting before dinner, one of which was a GSM Rose which I never seen before. Everyone's dinner was excellent but I didn't care for their wines. They don't share their vintage and to me they were all very young.

Last night at Cooper's Hawk we did a tasting before dinner, one of which was a GSM Rose which I never seen before. Everyone's dinner was excellent but I didn't care for their wines. They don't share their vintage and to me they were all very young.

Was that the sparkling rose?

Went to a Cabernet blind-tasting not too long ago - Six wines priced from $16 - $60. The winner was the cheapest of the bunch, produced by the students at College Cellars. This is a two-year teaching winery for Enology and Viticulture. Good stuff and paired nicely with last night's steak!

InGlass.jpg

Found some WE Vermentino stashed away last week (a broken pipe in the basement helps to uncover all sorts of goodies) and cracked some tonight. Great wine.

Found some WE Vermentino stashed away last week (a broken pipe in the basement helps to uncover all sorts of goodies) and cracked some tonight. Great wine.

Jim,

I never liked this wine and I made 2 kits..!!
I'd need to go back and open a bottle to see how it developed....I've been giving that wine away when needed to give a present to someone....lol

Jim,

I never liked this wine and I made 2 kits..!!
I'd need to go back and open a bottle to see how it developed....I've been giving that wine away when needed to give a present to someone....lol

It's a very dry wine. Which I enjoy. But if bone dry isn't something you like, it probably isn't your thing.

Latest posts

Back